I cheated.. Now what?

• Hi All,

I cheated on my Ideal Protein diet today. This is what I ate today:
    • Breakfast : Oatmeal
    • Lunch : Peanut Bar - RESTRICTED
    • Lunch : 2 Cups of Broccoli
    • After Lunch : Reese's Cups, Reese's Cups, Reese's Cups, mini Heath Bars, small bag of Cheetos
    • Okay Another Reese's Cups ( chilled )

Should I skip the rest of my ideal Protein items for the rest of the day ( one non-restricted ), skip my 8oz of Protein, etc...?

Thanks for any insight
  • Sorry about the slow reply... didn't get on the net the past couple days. When you fall off, just hop back on and continue with the plan. don't try to sub or skip if you've eaten a bunch of junk carbs. You still need all the protein and all the veggies and all the supplements and all the oil and all the salt, and all the water.... you get the picture.
    IF HOWEVER, you cheat with extra protein or fat (ie. you have a hunk of cheese or pepperoni sticks) then maybe you can eliminate the oils since you already ate fat, and perhaps you can eliminate ONE protein but only if your cheat contained enough protein to sub for a packet.

It's usually just easier to act as if it hasn't happened and move on in your normal IP plan. Try to learn from it though.... what made you eat those things at that time? Were you hungry enough that you needed an IP protein snack then?, Did someone just offer them to you and you didn't want to be rude, did you have a sad or stressful time then, or felt like you needed a celebration (emotions can be a big trigger). Also keep in mind that those extra sugar carbs will cause you to crave for the next few days - stay strong! You will get through it.
    Identify your 'hungry times' and use your IP snack at that time. Some feel peckish in the mid-afternoon, others are night snackers and need something while watching TV after dinner. Pick the time that works for you.

Tomorrow is another day, hop back on and keep going. You can do this!
    Liana
  • BTW, I posted in the Indians on IP thread in response to your post. Can you post some of your favorite Gujarati foods on that post and we will try to IP sub for things not allowed in Phase 1.
    Thanks!
    Liana

Tags

cheat