Loose Skin making me feel suicidal

• Hello,

I'm really struggling with loose skin, how disgusting it looks and makes me feel. I've lost over 6 stone and have another 20 pounds to go (I still wont be at my bmi weight but I can't risk anymore loose skin). I am not happy with my weight loss neither am I proud because every time I look in the mirror I am so disgusted by my bingo wings, wobbly thighs, wrinkly skin and everything else that flaps back and fourth. When I see myself I feel sick and I feel deformed. I've always struggled with body image but years of losing and gaining weight plus 2 children- im really struggling to accept my loose skin and at times I just want to chop it off. I think about it constantly, and I times I keep staring at it and others I can't look. I can't afford surgery in a million years, but i'm not sure how long I can sit and live with this its making me so miserable that I feel suicidal over it. I know this sounds so pathetic and there are people out there in a way worse situation then me but I truly cant cope with how I look now more then I ever have.
  • Butterfly, I fully understand how you feel having lost 130 lbs (about 9 stone?) and being at an age where that loose skin is not going to go away without surgery. Sometimes they will do surgery is the skin causes health problems ..........it is very tough to look at yourself in the mirror undressed.

Clothes do a lot to cover it up and that is pretty much what I do and am looking at it as "battle scars". Yes 2 kids, 130lbs is an awful lot of lose skin but with clothes on it is not all that obvious. Building muscle, dry brushing, collagen all these things can help some and i know here a lot of doctors will finance the surgery over time. Maybe talk with your doctor about your feelings and maybe they can do something to help you? I don't know of suicide prevention lines in the UK but please reach out for help. You are not alone. You are not a freak.

And I am seeing the skin actually is slooooooowly starting to tighten up over time and is not as bad as when I first lost. We need to be realistic about it but there are things that can be done to improve it that cost more effort than money.
  • You are not alone with this. Please surround yourself with a loving community. Always remember that you are beautiful.
  • Dont go for it.
  • I constantly worry about my arms being bad when done, but I should look ok in clothes and will be so much healthier so will hopefully just learn to deal with it and see it as something showing how well i've done (and I have 11st in total to lose, to take me to the middle of the healthy BMI). So far i'm around halfway and look the same but smaller, though I know my arms have got smaller but can't tell yet if they will be ok or not!
  • Always remember that you are beautiful.
  • Quote: You are not alone with this. Please surround yourself with a loving community. Always remember that you are beautiful.
    It's probably not nearly as bad as you think it is !

Anyway as a woman you have a tremondous leverage angle because of your sex alone

The majority of women would rate as overweight/obese

Don't be hyper critical of yourself,I don't know your age, I'll guess about 40 ?

Going beyond health issues, a man that will accept you is easy as pie,most guys are fat too !

You will easily find a proper British fellow that loves you as you are presently
  • Thank you for your messages guys, weirdly enough I was having a rubbish day today with it all. I came back to this site and remembered this post I wrote. The frustration is real, and so much easier to rant on here.
  • Quote: Thank you for your messages guys, weirdly enough I was having a rubbish day today with it all. I came back to this site and remembered this post I wrote. The frustration is real, and so much easier to rant on here.
    I'm 30 😊
  • Why not try some customized workout and diet plan for coping your loose skin? I think you should focus on your diet for attaining fitness which you want.
  • Hey no need to worry about that just maintain proper food and diet you will feel better.
  • Clothes do a lot to cover it up and that is pretty much what I do and am looking at it as "battle scars". Yes 2 kids, 130lbs is an awful lot of lose skin but with clothes on it is not all that obvious. Building muscle, dry brushing, collagen all these things can help some and i know here a lot of doctors will finance the surgery over time. Maybe talk with your doctor about your feelings and maybe they can do something to help you? I don't know of suicide prevention lines in the UK but please reach out for help. You are not alone. You are not a freak.
  • new here