Optifast

• I started Optifast on September 1st and I am down 15 pounds.

Anyone else on the program?
  • Yeah I am on it at the moment.

I have been over weight for about 10 years now. I have tried so many times to lose weight and nothing has ever worked.

This time I am getting help from a dietician that I see for free every few weeks and they got me on to the Optifast diet.

I started on the 28th of November with a weight on 143.2kg (315.7 pounds). My first weigh in was on the 6th of December (9 days later) and I was already down to 139.8kg (308.2 pounds). My next weigh in is on the 20th of December and I am really hopeful about what the results will be. I can already feel I am losing weight. My goal is 80kg-90kg. (176 pounds - 198 pounds).

The reason I really had to do something this time was because after getting blood tests I found out I have dangerously high cholesterol and a fatty liver. I am 31 at the moment and if i don't do something to improve my health I probably wont make it past my 40's.

I also have a really bad back. Had spinal surgery a few months ago but the pain is still there. Losing the weight will probably also help with that.

I am currently on the 800 calorie diet. I am having 3 shakes or bars per day + lots of non starchy veggies (broccoli, asparagus, carrots, etc) and lots of low carb berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries).

Most of the time it's not that hard keeping to the diet except at night time. I really crave food then and I have to stop myself from trying to make excuses to eat.

Christmas is going to be hard. My dietician has told me I am not even allowed to cheat on that day and I am not going to. I really need this diet to work this time. It's like a last resort for me.
  • Started optifast today
    Hi, I an 38 and I've been overweight for most of my life but it's really gotten worse in the last few years. I'm now at 270 pouds, which is the heaviest I've ever been. With type 2 diabetes, my doctor recommended weight loss surgery. I'm too scared of that so am trying optifast fast 800. Today is my first day and I hope I find the strength to do it and not lose steam which is what I usually do.