Just one more pound and I'm not obese

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • If I can just lose one more pound I won't qualify as obese, just overweight. I'm 5' 2" and 164. I started in January at 180 and the lowest I've gotten to is 163, then gained weight back. Every day is a struggle against my binge eating disorder. I get the urge to consume huge amounts of food every day. It's so hard to eat a recommended 1200 calorie diet. Anyone else get confused how you can be so disgusted with your own body, and yet give in to these urges to eat 3000 calories in one sitting? I have my before pictures under weeks/week 1 of my website, https://cnight62.github.io and when I look at these pictures that were taken just two days ago I get so upset, though I know it could be much worse than it is and I really just look the worst in a bathing suit compared to regular clothes...but anyway I'm hoping keeping these before pictures on the internet will motivate me to stop binging.

Anyone else have before or before and after pictures they want to share?
  • Katie I think you are beautiful for your courage. Oh, and you are beautiful on the outside, obvs!. I know it may not help you feel that way, if you don't feel/think/believe it yourself. I myself am a binge eater and have struggled w eating disorders for 28 years. (since I was 9.). Yours was the very first post I read after coming back to 3FC after a couple of years of staying away after a relapse. I used to be 174 a few years ago. My highest was 197, but as of today, 185. (at 5'6"). I, too, am obese categorically, and am ONLY 3 LBS AWAY from "JUST" overweight. And I am thrilled to get to that point in just a few days/weeks!. These victories are huge!!!! So, thank you for being brave and beautiful, and for giving me the courage to keep trying. It is worth it!
  • Thanks, as of this morning, I am NOT obese! 163 pounds! Granted all I ate yesterday was zucchini noodles and some romaine lettuce, and I'm only one binge away from obesity. Good luck with your journey too!
  • Keep strong; it's worth it!
    Keep strong; your health is worth making the good choice! I put my recent before picture on the refrigerator.
    I have to face truth every time I open that door.
    Quote: If I can just lose one more pound I won't qualify as obese, just overweight. I'm 5' 2" and 164. I started in January at 180 and the lowest I've gotten to is 163, then gained weight back. Every day is a struggle against my binge eating disorder. I get the urge to consume huge amounts of food every day. It's so hard to eat a recommended 1200 calorie diet. Anyone else get confused how you can be so disgusted with your own body, and yet give in to these urges to eat 3000 calories in one sitting? I have my before pictures under weeks/week 1 of my website, https://cnight62.github.io and when I look at these pictures that were taken just two days ago I get so upset, though I know it could be much worse than it is and I really just look the worst in a bathing suit compared to regular clothes...but anyway I'm hoping keeping these before pictures on the internet will motivate me to stop binging.

Anyone else have before or before and after pictures they want to share?
  • Hi Lady Binger. Congratulations on reaching non-obese weight. Those charts are good to use as a guide, but we are all different and I think it's best to reach the weight where you feel and look your best.

You are doing great! Keep going!
  • Quote: Keep strong; your health is worth making the good choice! I put my recent before picture on the refrigerator.
    I have to face truth every time I open that door.
    That's a really good idea. Perfect place to put it!
  • Yeah, my friend says BMI is kind of arbitrary and not one size fits all..but to me it is like a milestone to reach a weight that I can say, by definition I am not obese. hurrah!
  • Congratulations Ladybinger ! You are so close, even closer than you think.You are right at 30 now, drop just three tenths of a pound and you will be at 163.7 and 29.9 BMI..I'm a long way from 29.9. I would need to 64.2 lbs to get there and about 103.2 lbs to get to my ultimate goal of 24.9. You'll need to drop another 28 lbs to get to 136 and be in the normal range. I think you will find those lbs harder to lose than the first 15-20 lbs. It is a lot easier to lose weight when you have plenty of it to lose !Can I ask how many inches you lost off of your waist so far ?

I do believe your stated goal of 100 lbs is way to low, that would be underweight at 18.3 BMI. Good luck with the rest of your journey. Losing is kind of fun. I've lost 45 lbs and 6 inches off my belly in just a few months, not too hard with as much flab as I had/have.
  • Congratulations LadyBinger. You have done a really wonderful job. You will meet many people every day who wants to be fit or lose weight but there is only few who can stick to the plan. So, yes you are courageous and keep it up.
  • Thank you all for the support. I have now reached a weight of 158 pounds. I will probably wait until I get to 153 pounds or so and then have my friend take another set of pictures for my website, tho i don't know how much difference i will see. I have not kept track of my waist measurements but I'm starting to see the back rolls going away somewhat.
  • Oh yes and my goal probably is too low...I will see how I feel when I get to a healthy weight of 130ish. I think I have body dysmorphic disorder though so even if I'm normal weight I feel like I look fat...
  • #NotObeseAnymore i'm doing my best the achieve this, really happy that you got to that stage ^^
  • Quote: Oh yes and my goal probably is too low...I will see how I feel when I get to a healthy weight of 130ish. I think I have body dysmorphic disorder though so even if I'm normal weight I feel like I look fat...
    That last sentence speaks volumes, if you aren't even overweight and have a BMI under 25 you are not fat at all And are much thinner than probably 75 percent of the women your age that were your classmates. I'm sure you would look just fine in a bikini.

The issue is pyschological not physical.
  • Hi, ladyBinger
    Hi, LadyBinger
    Yes, it is a struggle but you have half of the battle complete. I am proud of you for posting this because it gave me the encouragement to start. You can do it just like you said look at those pics for motivation and you can do it. I am going to put one on my fridge and junk cabinet to remind me. Thanks
  • You are doing great