the scale is acting strange..

• Okay, so this is my first post here.. I hope I put this in the right forum lol. To make a long story short, i'm a 17 yr old girl. I'm around 5'6 1/2 inches tall and weigh usually around 138 lbs. I decided to go down to around 130, so i've spent most of my time eating right, working out etc... But lately, every time i step on my scale it goes up. (I weigh daily, even though i think that might not be a wise choice) Which doesn't make sense to me. In the span of about two weeks i've shot up to 142, and i've never been that big before! I'm really concerned. I feel so discouraged. My calories are all the same, too.
  • First let me tell you one thing. The number on the scale does not reflect your body weight composition, it just tells you the total of your overall mass. Now My profile pic is me at 130, 18% body fat. I was 130 once before but I had no definition or anything. Are you eating at a calorie deficit? Are you consistently burning more calories in a day then you consume? Do you lift weights or do you just do cardio? Let me know and I can help you get on the right track. I want you to just focus on how you are just improving yourself and that those number are NOT a way to measure your self worth because you are worth more then all the stars in the sky.

xxx

Tags

discouraged, scale, upset, weight gain, weight loss