Old 06-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #1  

Default Using all your points

With so many zero food points now I sometimes find myself having 6-10 points leftover. I know four points rollover but does anyone feel a little cheated if they don’t use all their points? I haven’t really found a good medium yet. Either I use all my points and some weekly ones or I have a surplus. I’d like to get to a point where I’m not snacking all the time and eating more robust meals but I live alone and I find cooking healthy for one a chore.
KaTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi KaTea. Welcome to 3FatChicks. It's good to see the Weight Watchers threads get some activity. It's a good program for someone who doesn't want to eliminate any foods from their diet.

I did WW in the past, when it was Points Plus but not recently. I tried not to worry about not using all my points and also didn't worry about going over once in a while, as long as I was in the ball park and my hunger was under control. I didn't force myself to eat something just to use the points. I think it's really just a guide, as no two people are exactly the same, and depending on which foods you eat that day, some foods will satisfy more than others.

I think meals/snacks is an individual thing and the most important factor is, are you losing weight? Don't eat beyond your hunger. If you are satisfied at a meal with less food, that's OK. And if you get hungry between meals, have a snack that fits into your points allowance. Do the plan the way it works for you, and you will never be wrong.

Good luck to you!!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 301/277/165

Height: 5'9"

I make the "blue dot" my goal, rather than the exact number of points. As long as I get that blue dot every day (10 points under, 5 points over), I feel like it's okay.

I am with you on cooking for one though. Most nights I cook for two, but I always end up eating easy to make stuff (not enough points or too many points!) on nights I cook for just myself. If it's the norm for you, maybe make meals for two and then save the other portion for your lunch or dinner the next day?
harlequimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

The problem for some in not using all (or most) of their points is that they overdo the zero point foods. Calories in the end do matter. I think Freestyle works best when there is a balance in using zero point foods and using foods with points. An occasional day way below daily points is probably OK but I would look carefully at what I am eating if I am consistently below daily points more than about 4. I would want to make sure I was eating a balanced, healthy diet.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote