Getting out of the 130s!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • After a few weeks of struggling of getting out of the 140-142 mark, I am finally in the 130s! My ultimate goal being 125 and currently at 138.8lbs, I am looking for support to keep me going on this difficult stretch of the journey (weight loss has definitely slowed down).
  • Okay, Melodic, I'm joining you here. Three days below 140, yesterday was about 137 - had a bit of a whoosh. So I think it's going to stick. And hey, congratulations on getting down into the 130's yourself! Anyone else out there want to join up with us here?

Ignore the ticker, it's not been updated - but I'll be back to goal soon!
  • Hey Cattails! Congrats on making it to the 130s! Yeah I weighed in at 137.2 lbs this morning so still working hard .
  • Weighed in at 135.8lbs this morning which is crazy. I just had a sudden woosh. Don't know how it happens but it did.
  • Wow, nice, Melodic! I think my scale showed 136-ish but not certain. I really should get a more precise scale. Wouldn't that be something if we can shoot right through the 130's?!
  • Hi melodic and Cattails I would love to get out of the 130’s. The past year or two my weight has slowly edged up. I used to keep a very tight weight window 125-127. Well as I aged and retired four years ago I have allowed myself to gain a pound here and there. Dealt with a few strange a rare illnesses and tried to just stay at 130 or below. The past year has been the worst. Been on a number of different meds that are notorious for weight gain and increasing appetite So frustrating. I need to flip the switch in my mind - No food taste better than clothes fitting well or too tight to even wear What plan do each of you follow to lose weight?
  • Welcome, Catherine Rose! (Lovely name) Darn those strange illnesses, meds can really mess with your body as well as your mind. I'm dealing with fibro and chronic migraine as well as accompanying depression and multiple meds myself. Hopefully you get settled comfortably into your new normal and get that switch on to a weight you are happy with. I follow South Beach myself; it is pretty easy for me to stick with on a daily basis, though as I get closer to my preferred weight, I have to do some calorie counting to keep on losing. I've just begun to calorie count as my appetite has been depressed the last couple weeks (for whatever reason) and I'm finding my calorie intake to be a bit low, something around 1000 a day or less. So I'm logging into an online diet tracker to see where I'm at and what I need to do to keep healthy. Are you following a particular diet plan?

(Ignore the tracker, it's not been updated)
  • Welcome Catherine Rose! I've also been on meds on and off that have several of the same side effects. Not on any particular diet plan myself but I do count calories, have cut out most sugar and eat only whole carbs these days. Also have hoped my exercise regime. It seems to be working for me. Hope you can join us on this journey!
  • 135 the past two days. The online tracker is helpful but I'm struggling to try to eat 1200 calories, which is weird. If only I let loose and ate junk, I could down those calories and more easily!

We have a trip coming up at the end of the month that is going to be strenuous, lots of walking and hiking and climbing. My exercise has been pathetic the last...I can't even remember how long. In preparation, I'm committing to daily walks, step climbing and ladder climbing! A little at a time, but every day. I will be strong again!

Ignore the tracker, it's not been updated - but I'm getting closer!
  • Congrats on the loss Cattails! I've been varying between 135 and 137. I am at the TOM and have just been in a middle of a move so couldn't really commit to exercising (I don't even have a fridge yet haha). Once I'm set up at my new place next week, I should be back on track to keep the trend going down! Let's keep it going!!
  • Melodic, as long as the scale doesn't go up, I count that as a victory! It's pretty normal to bounce around a bit, and hopefully the trend is generally downward. That being said, my scale is still sitting at 135 and I'm getting a little tired of it. LOL Hopefully it shifts a bit lower by the end of this week for both of us.

Wow, a new place, that's exciting! And the moving process is probably giving you a workout, so you're good. Hope that all went smoothly.

My ladder climbing and walking was interrupted by a very tired day (between fibro and the various meds I take, fatigue is always a problem) and then a visit by my brother! It was a great visit, though the movie popcorn wasn't really necessary - or was it? Yesterday I went at the exercise again and felt more fluid and faster and did a bit more. I probably overdid it though, as today I feel tired and sore. I have exactly three weeks until we leave.

Ignore the ticker, it's not been updated.
  • Way to go! You're almost there! Just keep motivated and remember that you've passed the harder times. For the decreased rate of weight loss, you can try increasing your cheat meals for one week then go back to normal, this is sometimes very effective.
  • I can finally join you at last! Down to 138.75 this morning.
  • Good to see you here, Tesni!
  • Down to 133 now. Not surprising with the current gastritis making it difficult to eat much. Some foods are troublesome while others seem okay but I am eating cautiously as the resulting stomachache from some items is very uncomfortable. Hopefully this passes soon. A week and a half until our trip and I'd like to be feeling well then. Mai tais and Polynesian food await!

Hope everyone's week is going well. It's hotter than Hades' place here.

Ignore the ticker, it's not been updated - but I've almost caught up to it!