Getting out of the 130s!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Welcome Tesni and congrats in joining us in the 130s!. Great job Cattails and hope your gastritis gets better. I've been a little overwhelmed with work, the move and the lack of a fridge for two weeks (waiting for it to be delivered) so my weight hadn't moved much but it is finally down to 134.4 this morning. Going achingly slow these days but at least the trend is downwards. Also next week I will be pretty much settled in my new place so I can start working out again yay! Let's keep this going!
  • Oh boy, Melodic, two weeks without a fridge, that is torture! How did people ever survive without those things? Hope it gets there soon. As for slow progress, that's to be expected the closer we are to goal. I'm at 132 now, though it feels a little like I'm cheating to get there, because of not being able to eat quite like normal. Still, moving downward is a good thing! Oh, and also, the three of us are at normal weight now, aren't we? Out of that dread 'overweight' range and way far away from 'obese', according to BMI charts.

Ignore the ticker, it hasn't been updated - but I'm catching up!
  • Yeah finally having one is great! Appreciate the finer things in life haha.
    Anyways, couldn't do as much of a workout as I wished but still pretty consistent on diet so still at 134.4 lbs (it fluctuated a bit this week) so moving at a tortoise pace but at least it's going in the right direction.
  • Down at 133.4 lbs this morning! 1 pound down yeah! Hard work week so happy it's the weekend and I can finally start recovering a bit. How are all of you doing?
  • Hi Cattails and Melodic! I stepped away from the 3 fatchicks for a time and have not accomplished anything good in the way of weight loss so I’m back at it. I actually did go low carb for a couple weeks and got down to 134. I then sabotaged myself and changed diets. I gain more weight it seems by changing diets plans and binge eating at night over and over. If I could stop eating after dinner I think I would drop weight without changing anything else. Low carb seems to upset my stomach and cause reflux Any tips to stop eating after dinner? Lifelong habit for me. You guys are doing great
  • Hey Catherine Rose! No worries I had gotten off 3FC for a while too and then gained weight so I know how it goes. As for me, the best thing I can do is eat more in the morning and during the daytime (and that's usually when I eat my carbs also). However, I am not on any diet so I don't know how it works for low carb diets but I know we either need some carbs or if not, a lot of protein in order not to feel hungry. Perhaps you aren't eating enough protein? Especially in the evening? I like having boiled eggs available when I'm hungry, Also drinking green tea after a meal (I go for the decaffeinated one so it doesn't affect my sleep) always helps. Make sure to get a lot of water throughout the day as well seeing as our body often confuses hunger with thirst. Hope it helps and keep going, you are on the right track!

As for me between 132.8 and 133 these days so pretty happy with my progress. It's been mainly my diet seeing as I haven't had much time to exercise recently. Gonna start slowly integrating exercise again into my routine this weekend.
  • I'm back! Almost 2 weeks away and not always eating on plan, I thought for sure I'd have a serious gain but just one pound up this morning, yay! Probably all the walking and climbing stairs counteracted any excesses. It was a wonderful vacation but it's good to be home again. And thankfully the stomach problems did not follow me.

Hi Catherine Rose! Ugh, that's too bad low carb upsets your system but that's good knowledge for what doesn't work well for you. As for what to do to about late night snacking, well, I've at times used a big bowl of air popped popcorn without any topping to fulfill my munching desires. If it is actually hunger that spurs you, Melodic's suggestion of hard boiled eggs is a good one, or maybe a cheese stick or handful of almonds? Something with some protein and a little fat to satisfy your hunger.

Melodic, good going, you are sitting pretty close to the bottom of this decade! The closer we get to goal, the slower the weight comes off. We're getting there!
  • Glad to have you back Cattails! And congrats on the maintenance! And yeah going slowly but surely!
  • Thanks, Melodic, and same to you - we're holding our own. I'm at 130 now, hoping to see those beautiful 120's very soon!
  • Well done Cattails, that's brilliant! I'm back after some time off for hols. Am at 137 today - want to slowly start moving down again now.

Melodic and Catherine - you are doing well too
  • Congrats Cattails and nice to see you again Tesni. Still at the 132-133 mark for now but hoping to be in the 130-131 area soon. Keep it up!
  • Hi ladies! I am also struggling out of my 130’s. 134.6 this morning and my goal is 125. I have always had to watch my weight and in my mid 40’s now it has become far more difficult than in the past. I am seriously determined and would love to check back here for support.
  • Im down 10
  • Quote: Hi ladies! I am also struggling out of my 130’s. 134.6 this morning and my goal is 125. I have always had to watch my weight and in my mid 40’s now it has become far more difficult than in the past. I am seriously determined and would love to check back here for support.
    Welcome Bmax! Yeah, it does become more difficult in our 40s doesn't it. I'm currently hovering around 137. Aiming for slow but steady progress, especially now summer is coming to an end. Keep checking in.
  • Quote: Im down 10
    Well done, that's brilliant