11 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Hello everyone, a newbie regainer here. Hope to join in and get to know everyone
  • Azzi: welcome! You’ve come to a good group post away!

Lil: I’m sorry look to the sun to warm your nose and smile if you see green outside somewhere because all I see is brown and a blizzard or ice storm (NOAA SAYS New track) to come!

Sakai: when you are buying your trees are they specific to your growing zone? Most places guarantee trees for 1 year from purchase. You dig up and take receipt and dead tree back to them. Some things we have been told: baby the hades out of them the first two years. At my house I’ve done hardwoods, arborvitaes and tons of flowering bushes. In my frozen neck of the woods it’s this:

Big hole dug PLACE root ball loosened a bit (Ie give it a few knocks w your palm to loosen) place in hole, water and back fill in.

Get root stimulator - usually sold at good nurseries follow directions for your specific tree it’s usually mixed w water

Water weekly: take a 5 gal pail and pour directly down and at the base of trunk. This way you are forcing the roots to dive down for water not horizontally out if you just flood the area w a hose/sprinkler willy nilly which keep roots at top soil level and not going deep

Keep watering once weekly until first frost same bucket method. Unless of course your in drought get nursery instructions I know I’m only little old zone 4!

Root stimulate once a month. We would do one 5 gal pail with the stimulator/water mix and do the dump at trunk base.

If you buy your treees at a big box you can still ask questions of the nursery folk at a reliable and good nursery. I hit mine up all the time if I’m perplexed. Of course I have bought from them too but big box at end of season always has wonderful prices on bushes.

Beware of mulching base sometimes you choke off the eye in doing so.

Do not plant the eye below the dirt line unless specifically told so.

Ok that’s enough of lemons suggestions on tree planting. I’ve only planted fruit trees w my MIL and she would not follow my suggestions, rain was good enough and said trees all stressed and died. Just saying - hit up the nursery for their suggestions.

Diane: I got to thinking about it. Without being tmi how is the poo schedule weekly vs weekend? Yes serious! That might be your culprit. Maybe track your trips daily and see if that corresponds with the increase on certain days as weekend food may be dragging you up on full digestion/gas/bulk. I know I see swings when I travel - good old travel bowel becomes super shy and that’s usually on the weekends.

Am: now we may have ice storm and some snow. If I loose my power in this temp I will be one crabby butt camper! I will be posting this weekend as I’ll be home cleaning - my absolutely least favorite job.

In regards to my suggested birthday meal and my diet - I’ll be mindful in my servings - but in general does that menu sound heavy for anyone not dieting?

Otherwise monkey bread is in freezer. The piece I had was good but I filled up quick with the egg I had it with. Nothing makes a house smell better than baking bread and butter and cinnamon.

Who knows on weight. I’m drinking water earlier as I swear I drank too much before bed. So I’m trying to get the bulk done during the day. Will see. But sometimes it’s fun to guess what I’ll be he next morning which has been totally off! And I’m not walking so it will all be slow to go.

Alright - I’m off to hang up laundry and fold the last load. Have not gotten to the kimono yet. That will be in a bit here, but I look forward to it.

Azzi Welcome to the group! You've come to the right place!

Lil Sorry you've been feeling blah! Headaches are the very worst! I get migraines and whenever I get a headache I become totally unproductive!

Jen The best meal I had in France was when I was in the south, near the Mediterranean. We were sitting on an outside terrace, and I heard a girl at the table next to me order something called une seiche. I knew it was seafood but I didn't know what kind-- it sort of looked like some kind of octopus-- anyway, both me and my daughter decided to try it because it smelled so good! And it was DELICIOUS!!! I looked it up later, and it was cuttlefish, which I've never had betore, but it did look like octopus or something. We stayed in airbnbs so we were able to buy/cook food-- it was mostly a lot of bread, cheese, and yogurt! And we went out for one fancy meal in Paris! The food was delicious, but honestly reminded me of the type of food we eat in California-- Asian-fusion, pretty light, delicious! We did not eat any upscale French food because I didn't think my son would like it so I didn't want to waste our money. He ate a lot of hamburgers, LOL.

Lemon So, funny story, we have a pool at home and I really love that pool, and I live in Southern California, so it's a warm climate, but we pretty much only use the pool during the summer months because it's not warm/sunny enough here most of the time to keep the pool warm (I live near the coast, so we get fog and it's really mild, like in the 60s and 70s most of the time.) The pool has a heater, but the cost of keeping the pool heated all the time is absolutely astronomical! The only way to do it is with solar, which is expensive to install. In short, even with a pool in my backyard, it's still cheaper to join the gym than it is to use the one we have! That being said, we do really enjoy it in the summer, and it's the best way to cool off when it gets hot here because we don't have AC.

Diane Great to hear that your bloodwork is normal! That is very reassuring! And I'm sure the scale is going to move down for you soon! It's so frustrating to sit at the low end of a decade, but it feels so great to get there! I'm currently frozen at 242 but I'm super eager to see the 230s... where I fall off is EXERCISE! I'm just so lazy! But my son just dropped out of a basketball program that I had to pay for monthly, and I think I'm going use that $ to finally bite the bullet and join the gym!

Sakai I burn really easily too! And I live in California. I try to put sunscreen on my face right after I wash it every morning! We're still nice and cool right now, but I detest hot weather!

So, me. All is well, I'm sitting at 242 but really want to see the 230s soon! I have an essay to write on a boring topic and am waiting to hear back from my editor to see what she thought about the latest draft of my new book so I'm sort of unproductive and procrastinating! Think I'm going to take a crack at the essay, wash my car and maybe sign up for the gym!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Urber: I'm Next door in Arizona. I sometimes hate the heat when it gets over 100. (Which starts right about now this year) But I favor it more than the cold. Once the temp drops below freezing, I get downright angry. Being cold makes me vicious, it's weird. I always joke that I need two homes, One up North where it's cool and green in the summer and one here, where it's dry and mild for the winter. LOL I need to live in a place that's perpetually Arizona October.

Lemon: Thank you for all the tips! I'll be using them for sure! I live about 3 miles from my childhood home so I know these trees grow here. I just struggle to keep them alive. I live in zone 8b. I think my biggest problem is that it's VERY hot and dry this time of year until the monsoon hits, so I'm worried the plant isn't getting enough water, so I water almost every day. My Iris and roses seem to do well, but not so much with trees. I often feared I must be drowning them, or perhaps not watering them enough. I figured if the top inch or two of soil is dry, then I need to water it. perhaps weekly waterings of lots of water as you suggested would be better, or perhaps bi-weekly until the rains move in.
    I'll keep you posted ^.^

Welcome Azzi!

The scale didn't move...for which after the bad carb day yesterday, I am thankful. Not looking forward to work today, but at least it's my Friday! Woot!
    99oz wAter
    Walked (YES walked!) 20 mins

Morning all!

Sakai: check out this link az also has other tree planting sources online. And it may be as simple as getting your tree in when it’s not as stressful a time for it. Hope it helps! I’m jealous that you can have such abilities to have so many fruit trees. I was looking through what’s common to your area. I guess I always had in my mind that you had more scrubby type trees like olive or sage and lots of cacti but it looks like you have a nice amount of offerings. If it were me I’d go pick a nurseries brain or your parents since they have had luck for years. But trees in general need to be babied for a while.

Uber: a pool and no air? I’d think a/c would be commonplace but maybe your close to the ocean or mountains where it’s cooler? It’s like when I travel and places don’t have screens on their windows. Do they not have bugs? I’d have bugs and bats in my house if that were the trend! I bet with cool pool water you’d get over the shock on jumping in and find it warm enough to swim. Plus the colder water I think burns a bit more or maybe get into it before the sun goes down where it’s been heated throughout the day?

Lil: sounds like your world is bumpy right now. Take a moment just for you.

Toasted: have you looked at other meal ideas? I had roasted sweet potatoes, green beans and chicken apple sausage that I placed on top of roasting sweet potatoes. This morning I will have my egg and string cheese and DH bought bananas so I may have 1/2 of one. I can’t recall - do you have cheese offerings or is it all shipped in from Europe for you? I hope your diet mojo comes back for you as your always a pep of happy in posting!

Hello all!

AM: I have a sick young one. All of a sudden they spiked a high fever 102.9 and the ibuprofen knocked it back to 99 for an hour and it went right back up to 103 by two hours. DH took to urgent last night. They think it’s just a virus they are seeing lots of but not flu. And of course because the clinic was busy they had to wait and after heaving while waiting the temp dropped back down. Hey - as I told DH I’m not going to play around w flu having lost family members in the flu pandemic way long ago - not something to mess with.

Weight and diet - well I came in on calories even w monkey bread sampling. And after dinner I decided to walk as much as I could before my shoulder hurt. Yep - my problem has been if I walk the hanging of the arm irritates the shoulder and it starts to burn. So I made an attempt and went as far as I could then came upstairs and sat a the heating pad and took my aleve and it began to settle again. I should probably be walking right now instead of sitting here w my coffee.

I think to feelr eary for spring I’ll paint my toes today. Hey have been sans polish for a couple of months and painted tootsies make me happy. I will choose one of the fun spring colors. Surprisingly I have a lavender that looks nice next to my paley skin!

So between caring for my little I will try to sew today. Or at least cut the fabric out. I look forward to smaller numbers and not adding on to the patterns. And I will also try to be mindful of my food intake. And try to get a walk in.

I’ll pop in later today - my best to you all for a lovely Friday and a great weekend. All of you with warm weather and green spaces think of me digging out of more snow and ice! Drat that stuff can just leave NOW.

• Happy Friday the 13th everyone!!

It is a cloudy day here in Austin, TX, and looks like lots of rain is coming! YAY!!!

Azzi - welcome! I just joined this group this week and already can tell I'm in the right place!

Lemon - sorry your kiddo is not feeling well. I hope your lavender toes are great! I think your birthday meal sounds delish but I'm a sucker for carrot cake. I cannot wrap my head around the thought that you do not like icing. I'd rather eat the icing and forget the cake - we can party together and share! LOL

Diane - YAY for a scale move! That always feels good! You sound way more active than me. I need to funnel your energy and get off my rear.

Lil - I hope you are feeling higher spritis today. Being hurt is not easy to get through.

Jen - I hope you are surviving your family visit and your hubby is ok. It is exciting that you are doing some house updates. I painted my cabinets last year and then painted an accent wall in my kitchen a few weeks ago and I love it. It feels so different and awesome now! I still have a wall to paint that spans from my kitchen to my living room but i'm procrastinating. It will be a long ordeal so I'll probably do it on Sunday.

Toasted - I hope you have an amazing time in Bali - looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm living vicariously through you right now!

Uber - did you find a gym? What type of book are you writing? I have a book in my head that I've started making an outline for but I don't know the first thing about how to do it. I'm figuring it out along the way. It is a snarky self help book and it will be fun to write once I get my thoughts all organized. I cannot imagine not having an A/C in my house. From June to sometimes October we have triple digit temps and I'd just melt into nothing! Whew!

Sakai - my family LOVE Ren Faires. We have three within day trip distance from our house that we enjoy. We went in March to the Sherwood Faire about 30 minutes from our home and it was marvelous. I get a henna tattoo every time and love the great food and entertainment. I haven't worn my dress/costume in a while but I love it. My husband won it in a chess match about 10 years ago - it was crazy! The shop owner definitely underestimated my geek husband's chess skills LOL

As for me - things are good. I made some delicious stuffed bell peppers for dinner last night and am having leftovers for lunch today. I made lots of taco meat for the peppers so I'll use that leftover meat to make a frittata for dinner tonight. YUM! Can't wait to eat it!

The scale was down again today - that makes me feel good and helps motivate me to stay on plan. I did have an issue last night with being super restless and had trouble sleeping. I got up and drank some pickle juice and it seemed to help.

I had a huge NSV today - my boss brought in sausage biscuits and my co-worker brought in a beautiful array of donuts and I walked past them and didn't even eat a bite! I did stop and inhale the delicious smells but was able to resist and eat the breakfast I brought for myself. I'm proud of myself!!

I'm driving to Waco for a wedding tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about the meal and cake but I'll take some snacks in case the food isn't on plan. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! It may be Monday before I can check in again. I'm so thankful to have found you all!

Windy The book I just finished is a novel-- historical fiction-- I write both fiction and non-fiction. I started writing almost 18 years ago, and have published 8 books so far. I'm lucky enough to make my living through writing which seems pretty much amazing to me-- I worked a "day job" through the first 4 books until I was able to go full-time! But writing is the best, even if not to make money. You should totally do your book! And congrats on the pass up the sausage-biscuit NSV!!!

Lemon
    Ha! I know to a northerner like you it probably seems like the pool would be warm enough but honestly, you can't swim in it except in the hot season! Where I live is right on the ocean and people imagine hot, but mostly it's kind of cool and breezy with a lot of fog. The sun heats the pool well enough to swim mid-July through Sept or October (our hot season is the fall.) And it does get awful and hot sometimes when it would be nice to have AC, but you can do without it. I'm so sorry your kid is sick!! My son got the flu earlier this year and was sick for two weeks and ended up with pneumonia! Scary!

Sakai Arizona is sooooo beautiful! At one point a couple of years ago, I thought my husband was going to be transferred there and I was so excited. That being said, I do hate the heat, even when it's dry heat! I live near the ocean so it's pretty mild most of the time. But if I had to move to Arizona, I'd be happy!

Jen I missed that you are doing something to your house? What are you doing? It feels so terrific to spruce up the house-- it's one of my favorite things to dream about!

Diane Woot! Woot! The scale is moving in the right direction! Interesting that you have a pattern of weight loss... I bet it has something to do with retaining water. For me, the more I sit, the more I retain, so when I'm working a lot I retain more. I wonder if you shed water over the weekend, and then start to retain when you go back to work? For a while, I was on a diuretic for blood pressure and boy did I like that-- I never got puffy! But, I'm off it now, and off course, I'd rather be puffy from time to time than have high blood pressure, LOL. But it did show me pretty dramatically how much of weight bounce is water. While I was taking it, my weight never bounced!

Toasted Are you in Bali or just in the frenzy of getting ready? Either way, I hope it goes well!

So, I sashayed out of the house in my new 14(plus) jeans and I ended up feeling happy that I bought a new pair of jeans that fit. I'm still wearing my size 22 jeans around, and they don't actually fall off, but they sure do bag. I've still got a long way to go, but now I feel sort of "normal fat" if there is such a thing, instead of "definitely the fattest person in the room" kind of fat. I'm vowing not to spend another cent on clothes, but it was a real boost to my ego to go out feeling cute! About to call the gym!

Sakai: Yeah, I think you are struggling on the scale because you are near a new decade! I always feel like if you get to the "2" of a decade, your body says, "There, close enough!" Or at least it seems that way. My parents were just in Phoenix area for a few days. I was surprised at how warm it was there already. I don't mind our heat here. We see 100's in the middle of summer, but I can live with that. Not a fan of winter at all!!

Lilion: Hope you get back to feeling like yourself again soon. So glad you continue to post anyway! At least we know you're still around!!

Azzi: Welcome! I also think you picked a great group here!! Looking forward to hearing more about you! There is a lot of support with this group.

Lemon: Yeah, I've thought about that TMI issue too. I do think things slow down just a little bit over the weekend in that area, so it might be something that I need to use some benefiber or something. So how did the toes turn out? I just did mine in a turquoise blue to try and brighten up a little bit!

Windy: Good job on avoiding the food pitfalls at work!! Your stuffed peppers sound so good!! Also good to hear about your weight loss! That always helps the mood!! Good luck at the wedding. That would be tough for me. I have no problem with getting exercise and workouts, but food can trip me up so easily.

Uber: WOW! Look at you go! You are almost to those 230's! That is so awesome. You enjoy those new jeans, another great thing! It is amazing how that feels when you can go to a lower size! Thanks for your thoughts on the water issue. I kind of wondered that too. Losing water over the weekend, and then having it come back during the week. I don't know!

Hopefully I got everyone!!

As for me, I had a good weigh in today, so that was nice. I'm going to do a little bit of experimenting this weekend. I need to try to keep my water drinking up. I do fairly well on Saturday, but awful on Sunday. So, we'll see how that goes. I'd really like to get to the 240's.

I went to Spin this morning. It was a great workout. I almost didn't go, but talked myself back into it. I think that's why it was so good... I felt happy that I made the right choice. Spin and upper body weights tomorrow. AND, the weather looks great for Sunday, so hopefully a hike!
  • Okay...Happy Friday the 13th. Feels like one.

The day was okay. I seem to finally have gotten enough sleep. Had a relatively easy morning. Then at lunch I see my clerical being escorted out! Because they do that when they fire you here, escort you to your car like a criminal. Not only a co-worker, but a hunting buddy to my husband, dog and cat sitter for my pets, and my friend! Two little kids at home - single mom - and a damn good clerk! No idea why - they've been nit-picking her for a couple months now - writing her up for nonsense they'd usually ignore. I'm shocked and sad and taking her out drinking tonight.

So, this week is officially a bust. I'll try again starting this weekend sometime. TTFN

• Lil: I am sorry to hear that. I hope you two have a good visit over drinks! I hate weeks that are all full of crappy. May you find sunshine in your days soon. And - to make you laugh, I could send you the snow and ice I am to get. Bruhahaha. Who came up with these goofy icons? I used that one because I couldn't find a wizard - so enjoy the crazy bellydancer!

diane: Keep a journal or note in your phone on your tmi info and your water intake as well. You may start to see a correlation to why your weight is not moving. Also make note what weekend foods trip you up (mines pizza, beer or soda - yeah DH "making" dinner ). You may find part of your answer there. Good luck!

windy: Haven't gotten them painted yet. The day is half over and I started doing some serious organizing and then left it. Oops I know DH will grumble when he sees my mess.

uber: Get yourself a wet suit! You'll be fine! OF course watching all the RHOBH and their wearing of latex garments, that should work too. hahaha. Seriously, I do hope you find a good gym that nobody gives each other the side eye. It makes it hard to want to keep going. I just found when I would go to go on certain days to avoid the constant side eye ladies. Who needs their judgment. Yeah for the 14s! I am wearing a skinny lane bryant 18 and it's baggy between butt and knees. WOOT. I will take that!

Hello all!

I haven't sew or cut out yet today. My little is feeling horrid and is sneezing like the sinuses are part of a faucet. I am chief kleenex grabber and wiper today. As I said above - I pulled out to organize and got a 1/4 of it done. The rest is sitting on my laundry room floor - the game closet. It's been a bane of my thoughts for the last 3 years and now I am finally doing something with it. We had to have restoration work done and the workers modified the closet to what they wanted not what we wanted. GRRR - you tell me how a 41" deep closet that's floor begins 38" off the real floor is practical? Maybe for shoving crap in and not accessing. Who knows but it drives me nutty! I'm not super short but even at 38" high there is only so much to my reach.

I am starting to make my plant list. I have some new ideas I am researching. That's also taken some of my day. I WANT SPRING.

And diet - not good. It's a comfort food type of day and a lot of coffee for some odd reason. The old gal is achey today (yeah blizzard front moving in) and the warm stuff seems to help). The shoulder is a bit better so maybe this evening I will go walk again. Hey. 20 mins is better than no minutes.

I'll pop in this weekend since the weather will be wicked or a crap shoot - and I will be staying in - CLEANING and organizing. I will also be trying to avoid and I will post.

Happy Friday to you all!
    All coffee yesterday
    No walk

I’ll take that number it showed up twice and the third was a bit higher. I’m using the above for today even if it’s wrong. No more complaining.

I can’t sleep due to shoulder and cake down to the world news of the day and to whiteout conditions. Yes white! Lots of crappy white! The wind is high and strong, the snow flying we are to get up to 12” today. Tomorrow we have a separate warning that says another 12” all I have to say is it’s almost May for crying out loud. And really 12-24” of snow NO THANKS. I do hope it will melt quickly but at the same time looking ahead in the next two weeks we still are marked for more snow.

Today will find my family snuggled into the house. I will work on my organizing of one closet. I have determined my DH has to help me build some new shelves to make the space practical and somewhat useable but that will have to wait to build - no supplies for that portion but I have my containers and I can get those ready. I also have to help the oldest begin cleaning their room. They may be a double digit but still achieving a really clean bedroom is not yet in the cards. I will have to go give direction and we’ll do it in bursts to not feel overwhelmed.

As for my diet. I’m out of salad greens I only have some cauliflower and kohlrabi and I’ll try to bulk up on that during the day. I have an idea to make a good soup for this evening. I’d do the slow cooker but I still like a soup on the stove a lot better. Maybe it’s the aroma or the spitting if its on too high, I’m not sure but that’s on tap. Maybe I’ll make some sort of breadstick or no knead bread. I’ve got a lot of whole wheat flour so maybe I can find something that becomes a bit more diet friendly with using such.

Happy day all. Maybe you all are around - if so pop on in. I’m snowbound with a bug to get going outside. I wish I had such a bug to do the diet and moreso exercise. Alas it hasn’t quite gotten me like that. I’ll keep trying and see what I can achieve.

Happy weekend all!

Backs again: so I figured out my lunch. I’m going to try an apple kohlrabi salad (slaw like but w sticks) the recipe I saw had oil and salt. I’ll avoid those two as I don’t like to disguise my fresh. I don’t know it sounds like it might be good and I have both.

Snow has taken a break according to weather it will begin to fall later this morn. Who wants the snow? I’ll send it to you - no questions asked!

And can I ask - what do you all pay for a haircut and style? My small town gals are anywhere from $14-28. I looked at my larger cities in that hour commute and those start at $45. Sorry but that’s kind of high just for a cut in a rural area I think. Just wondering as I’m on the search again. I just can’t have my waves flat ironed one more time because thats what she wants to do to “change” me up. If I wanted to look like a drowned rat I can do that - but I embrace the wave.
  • Hi everyone!

I used to post on the daily weight loss thread but felt a bit embarrassed as I was gaining and losing the same few lbs!
    I haven't weighed myself for a few days now as am too frightened to see the number!

Safe to say I am well above 209 lbs now (my weight in january). I'm 5'7 and want to be 160 lbs. This really bums me out you know? I have been 'losing weight' since I was 18 years old! I'm plagued by regret. If I had just lost a measly 2lbs a month I would have been at my goal literally YEARS ago. I am DECIDING to spend my youth fat? Why? Why don't I feel like I deserve a good life? Why don't I value myself? Why do I stuff myself with cheap junk that I know won't do anything but make me fatter?
  • Vagabond: welcome! I think we all have the wouldas-couldas. Just remember you are doing something about it now. I can attest to the wouldas as I should have hit my goal multiple years in a row and I’ve never got out of the 200s to make that true. Just keep working as best you can.

Hello all!

Whiteout again here. It had stopped for a few hours the plows were out as were my DH. I’m not getting my stuff completely done but I’m working towards it. It hasn’t been fast today. In fact it stinks.

I did try my weird salad combo. It was ok and very filling for the moment. Will see how long I can go between a snack or my dinner. Whomever knows. I haven’t decided on my soup but I’m leaning towards a beef veg one. Sounds good for such a late April blustery icky day. And for bread I may do popovers but that hasn’t been sorted out either.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Hello everyone,

This morning the scale said 306, which was a pleasant surprise as I woke up with a 'heavy' feeling (it makes sense in my head!). I've had a few days off work which helps because I can rest and take things easy - work is stressful and it's easy to forget what you're eating. Back at it on Monday, so I think that will be the big challenge.

Lilion: Ugh. What a day for you. Hopefully the weekend will cleanse all of the bad stuff and next week can be better.

Lemon: Dang. That's some nasty weather. Sorry you have to go through that. We had a very cold Friday, but so far, no rain/snow. Tomorrow is supposed to be really, really nice. I hope so!!! Hope it clears out for you soon.

Vagabond: Welcome!!! We all know about regaining and relosing, so feel free to jump in and post! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Azzi: Glad you had a good weigh in! That's awesome!!!!

As for me, I had a really good weigh in today. Just hoping it sticks and I can work on getting out of the 250's. I went to spin this morning and did my upper body workout. I've been making sure I get water in today, and it is going well. Need to make sure I do it tomorrow too. I think that won't be a problem, since we should be going hiking.