Jumping in the pool!!

• Hi!!

I'm Sue from Kansas and have decided to finally start my weight loss journey. I am a SHWife(kids are grown)and I am looking for people who can share and appreciate how hard this is.

I have a bunch of "comorbities" and am considering surgery. We just moved here and so far, I haven't met any new friends. Translated, I'm feeling lonely. So I would like to develop some friendships and a good support system.

I love reading, my grandkids and playing computer games.

Thanks for reading!
    Sue
  • Welcome Sue - There is lots of positive support here. I know how tough it is to make that decision to do something and the courage to actually then do it. I am similar in age to you. There are many here our age. Maybe you can get some books on tape and listen to them while you walk off the pounds? For computer games, there are some great exercise ones out there now. As for grandkids - are you near the KC Zoo? There are passes and your grands would love to go every day and run around. Are you near Shawnee Mission Park? There is an off leash dog park that is really fun to walk, even if you don't have a dog. Park and walk to the lake through the fields and then back through the woods path.

ETA - check out a challenge. There is lots of support there and it is fun to make goals.