I’m new! :)

• Hi everybody, this is my first post on 3FC, but I’ve definitely browsed here many times in the past few years. I guess I’ll give a bit of background info on what led me to this point?

I don’t know whether I technically qualify to be on here, as I’ve never been ‘officially overweight’. I’ve struggled massively with confidence issues surrounding my body since I was about 10 years old. I’ve always had a very weird relationship with food, I was THAT kid who seemed to have a bottomless pit for a stomach, and was drawn to all things sweet salty and greasy. My parents are quite critical of my appearance and tried to get me to work out at home when I was ten because I had “a bit of a stomach”.

At 12 I went through a phase of trying to starve myself, then throwing it away by bingeing in the evenings and crying. Bear in mind that I was far from overweight at this point, I was 5’7” and 130 pounds. My main issue was that I was somewhere in between fat and thin, and I hated not knowing how people saw me. Like, do people see me as big?

Anyway, I slowly managed to drag myself away from the whole ‘starvation’ thing, but found myself slowly gaining weight over the next year or so. I turned vegan last April mainly for health reasons, but I spend a lot of time away from home on music residentials, and the lack of good vegan options lead to me taking multiple trips to shops and living off junk food for weeks on end. I gained a total of 20 pounds in 8 months, and weighed 159 in October. I felt thoroughly miserable, and something sort of just clicked, and I started a 1200cal diet. I lost 12 pounds in the first month, then maintained for a bit, and then started back again last month.

So right now, I’m 16, turning 17 next month, and I’m 5’8” and 140 pounds. My goal weight is 130, but more than anything my goal is to show myself that I can lose weight in a healthy way, rather than being too self destructive. It’s been proving hard to shed the last few pounds, so I’m hoping that joining 3FC will help me to stay motivated. So yeah! Sorry for the very long post haha
  • Hello! I am new here and reading many of the threads. Good luck to you.
  • Welcome and Good Luck!