March2018 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 8 of 30
Go to
  • went for a power walk and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
  • Good morning. Did not weigh.

Forgot to take a pill for nerve pain that also helps with restless legs and by the time I realized I had not it was 4 am and I had hours of hideous poor sleep behind me so slugging through the day. Ate per plan but did not walk per plan because a lot of stuff was happening at work.

I meet with the "new boss" tomorrow. Today has work, a big project, dentist trip for teeth cleaning, acupuncture and a meeting with the HOA board to look at new lighting for the entrance to the subdivision. This week has been crazy. My dentist is a good 30 minute drive each way because I have a DMO and he is the only one on it in the area.

Well.

Diana - never had known issues with tannic acid. Do have tingling tongue and lips quite frequently though and I get that with spinach as well as coffee so who knows. It is not real bad but irritating. I honestly think, with health issues, you need to sort things out yourself anymore like you are doing.

Nancy, when you find the exercise mojo please box it up and send it to me, too.

Teri, I hear you on the mess. I have so much stuff to just clear out!
  • MARCH 2018 Inch by inch
    Hi!

Diana, I don't know anything about tannins...is it in tea or coffee, does it stain teeth? I think I have taken turmeric and it gave me stomach problems...I was wondering what kind of cinnamon you take? I think there is one kind that is supposed to be medicinal and help with blood sugar?

I did not get much accomplished on my mess yesterday. I ran errands and I should have made a list. (I have an old pan to take to a scrap metal business). I bought a longer necklace for a pendant I bought last year.

I did 20 min on the arc trainer and 30 on the recumbent bike. I was too late to swim. I bought some garlic and some honey. I drank green tea twice yesterday.

225/214.1/210 I am so ready to reach goal 3. ...Time to eat.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Science experiment still going well. Overall, physically I feel better since removing the turmeric, cinnamon and and most of the tannins. I am still drinking coffee but with half and half, like normal, so hopefully that helps with the tannins. Also, as a side note, when I swapped out my usual vitamin in Dec/Jan come to find out it had turmeric in it, too. So I went back my original product. Apples have tannins, but I have read that Fuji's have less. I think most of the tannins are in the skin. I have a few apples left for my lunch. When I finish those, I am going to get oranges or something else for lunch. My mouth is so much better than it was, so there has been a lot of improvement. What I am really curious about is, did the cinnamon and turmeric cause my problem. Meaning, did using those products send my reactions in overdrive? If I had not used them, would I have been OK with apples, etc? Will my body calm down over time to where I can incorporate some grapes, apples, etc in moderation and not react? And basically, do I have a "build up" of tannins in my body and will it basically detox itself over time?

I forgot to mention, I had previously eliminated the turmeric but it didn't help. That was because I was still consuming cinnamon, tea, and other tannins. Previously, before the final angioedema diagnosis, I would eliminate whole food families. But that didn't work because tannins are in most food families.

But keep in mind, I could still be wrong about all of this. Time will tell.

Teri Tea is high in tannins. I think coffee has some, too. I have gone back to lower acid coffee, not sure if that makes a difference. Ceylone cinnamon is the one I used and suppose to be the one for therapeutic use. I'm done with all of it.

grannynancy Yes, I have had all sorts of stuff with my tongue and lips. But some of this is related to the angioedema, too. My tongue has been burning this week. Overall things have improved, though.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
    This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
    Weigh In: 188.6
    Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 8

Isaiah 65:24
    And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

When we feel the weakest and most vulnerable, then is the time to turn to God. God knows what we are up against, even before we call upon Him. There is no one who cares more about how we feel and how we do than God does. He is our staunchest supporter. He also realizes how difficult it is to face our diets alone. He waits for us to call on Him, but He will not force Himself on us until we call. When we do call, He will act quickly to help us, since He already knows what it is we will be asking. Don't hesitate! Call on God when you need Him most.

Today's thought: I am never out from under Gods' watchful eye!
  • Good morning everyone

>>>Granny as soon as I find that mojo not only will I box it up and pass it on, I think will wrap it with a nice pink bow too.

WI down a bit but still not any closer to my goal of 162 by months end 167.4.

Food today, egg white/egg beater omelet, salad with lite Italian dressing, dinner shrimp and chicken

Exercise questionable

Diana it sounds like you are on to something
  • Hiya
    Hi, my name is Jennifer. Last time I ever made a mini goal was IF. I was doing the fast 5. I got pregnant. There went that. So now I'm back trying to start IF again. I have failed to stick to it ...so I'm looking for support. Another reason I fail is THE SCALE. I hate THE SCALE. I can be losing inches and slimming down and that STUPID scale will show I'm either maintaining or gaining...so NO SCALE. I'm going to set my goals in inches and weigh maybe once a week, though NO WEIGHT GOALS this time. I'm interested in slimming down to a trim shape. My goal is six inches off my abdomen ( where circumference of my belly button area is located).

I'm starting off with the 5:2 using my net diary pro to track measurements and it says a normal day for me should be 1714 kcal. My fast days are 2 days a week with a normal day in between. I tried this week and have made it to Thursday without completing 1 fast day.

I'm going to take my measurements and post once a week, while I go through this. Thanks for having me.
  • Hello,

I am doing Jenny Craig. Lately I have been struggling and am looking for more accountability and support. I am quite new, though I've been a member of this site for a long time, I have not been a regular user.
  • Hi Jen Welcome back! I remember you from back in the day. Good luck with your IF plan.

Sunshine Hi and welcome! Good luck with your plan.
  • So, I did some more "research" a/k/a googling. I was reading some comments and someone said something that struck me and I decided to look at my supplement. So, I take Lutein and I noticed that the gel capsule thing is an orange color. https://naturalfactors.com/product/lutein-20-mg/ The orange color is annatto. I looked at an original site and I have been reading from and found this: http://www.widomaker.com/~jnavia/tannins/tannexpl.htm

A check of yellow cheeses in the local supermarket shows that annatto is a food dye used to color cheeses and margarines, sometimes butter and other products. Annatto is a yellowish red dye obtained from the seeds of the tropical annatto tree. These seeds are high in tannins.

I might just be running in circles with this, but I've got to keep trying to figure things out.

So this morning I eliminated the lutein. I might not be able to see worth a crap but my lips will be normal.
  • good evening! 2 miles leslie sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run two more errands before supper tonight.
  • Good evening. I hope everyone had a good day. Going to make this short. because the highlighting function on my pc is not working properly since the last big windows 10 update.

grannynancy congratulations on resisting the mini pizzas. I think that is quite an accomplishment. I once had a health care professional say that juiced fennel is very healing and beneficial. I hope you enjoy it, in whatever form you choose. Roasted??? Hope you are able to sleep well tonight

Diana re the Tannins that you want to detox from your system, have you ever tried a good bentonite? Very good for detoxing anything from the system. Although there are specific guidelines re using it. So that it does not remove recently taken nutrients etc. My friend who is a retired nurse did some work on finding what she thinks is the best bentonite. Also, I searched homeopathy and tannins. Turns out there actually is a homeopathic remedy Tannin. It was made into a remedy http://www.homeoint.org/clarke/t/tannin.htm

Jennifer great to meet you. Glad you are here! You will get lots of support here.

SunshineGirl
    great to meet you! Glad you are posting
    Hi to everyone else.

Wednesday I gained weight from going off plan the previous day with something high in carbs and salt. The total calories for the day was 1,500. it caused a 1.4 lb gain.

Thursday I had a whopping loss of 2.2 lbs. I was not able to eat dinner. So that accounted for some of the loss. If the scale shows no gain on Friday morning I will be happy.

Thursday the calorie intake was
    coffee cocoa coconut creamer and cashew milk 200
    popchips (not willing to give them up) 360
    L chicken breast with asparagus, spring mix, cucumber, a bit of onion with BHF dressing 230
    D chicken breast with carrot and bone broth. Cooked asparagus, green bean, celery and cabbage 280
    S lemon protein frozen stuff 50
    total for day:1120.
    3.2 lbs to lose before I go to see my relatives.
    I hope everyone has a great Friday !!!
  • Hi Everyone!

I thought after eliminating the lutein this morning, I would see a bit of improvement as the day went along, but I didn't. I did eat the apple today with the peel. Tonight I bought some melon and pineapple. I will have that for lunch tomorrow instead of an apple to see if there is any change. I know changes and improvements take time, but when I eliminated the turmeric, tea, and cinnamon I started improving quickly. I am not going to change my menu that I post here, yet. I have also eliminated the pumpkin butter due to the cinnamon and I am subbing something else. I will update everything in time, depending on how things progress. I am trying to keep the calories the same. I was thinking I'm probably running in circles and chasing my tail, as they say. The remaining reaction I have is probably the angioedema. But I will try to tweak things to see how it goes.

Flower
    Thank you for the info. I have never tried bentonite.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
    1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
    2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Salad w/grilled shrimp & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
    No workout. I finished up my month end books and got all of my personal tax stuff together. I will take it all to the CPA tomorrow.
  • Diana, sorry you are struggling with angioedema. I pray no more negative effects of foods received with thanksgiving in Jesus name, glad u remember me. All my favorite foods are high in Tannins. I love the devotionals. I had another baby and got divorced since my last long run here....

Sunshine, I'm here for the support too

Ciecie, way to go on the walks

Granny, resisting cravings is so hard. With the fasting, ALL food starts looking good, great job

Terri, we are here to see you get to goal #3

Total for today:663 kcal. So close to my goal of 500 kcal.

Hungry. It's good to feel hunger. I know my hormones are working and my metabolism is revved. I'm just annoyingly hungry. And it's like I'm fantasizing about eating EVERYTHING....I know the drill, I'll fall asleep like this and when I wake up I'll be like "I'm not even hungry"
  • good morning! fell asleep watching high noon on tcm and woke up during to kill a mocking bird. went for a power walk before supper last night and ran a couple of errands. will post more later on today.
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Jen Thank you for the prayer. It's funny you mentioned about the hunger. I have literally had times that my stomach has been growling since making the changes last Monday. The hunger has been at the appropriate times, though. So, I'm curious about why the hunger feelings all of a sudden. Maybe the cinnamon/turmeric were messing with my metabolism.

Today is my early day.

Nothing for last night
    This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
    Weigh In: 188.6
    No Change

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 9

Psalm 138:7
    Thought I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.

I went through a terrible time when I first started dieting. Every once in awhile, I would get light-headed and my knees would buckle. It was not only embarrassing, but a bit frightening. When I spoke to the doctor about it, he told me it was just my mind playing tricks on me. He said my stomach was 'mad at me' for taking away its extra food. I didn't need as much food, but psychologically, I wanted it. I left the doctor and went out to my car to pray. Whenever I felt the light-headedness start to creep in, I asked the Lord to revive me, and He did!

Today's thought: God is all the pick-me-up I need!