Weekly Chat 2/4-2/10

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Good evening, chicks.

Nothing special for me today: work, exercise, bill paying....but no new snow! We got plenty yesterday and it looks like more this weekend. I'm just about ready for winter to be over.

Ruth,at least you have an excuse for not losing weight; me? not so much. I am planning on using the beginning of Lent next week as a major re-start; 2 full weeks of P1 and then staying OP. Your upcoming trips sound awesome!

Pearlrose, sometime calm is good, right? Hope you had a good day.

to all the other chicks!
  • Good morning!

Sorry for the sparse check ins! I’ve been trying to get settled into my new routine. Got a lot accomplished this past few days, all the paperwork is in route. Yesterday they finally accepted my credit card app and so now my machines that take credit cards are going into the bank account. That’s good! The ones that have sliders, anyway. There is always an excess of quarters.

I’m back to the restaurant this morning on that new schedule so Kirk made coffee while I went down and swept floors washed off machines and vacuumed the entry rug. Also took out the trash. I was home in 17 minutes. That’s good!

Food choices have been pretty decent. That’s good, too!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning,

My meeting with Senior Leadership yesterday went well, of course they gave me more work to do as well....today is wfh and should be fairly quiet just getting some work done. Tonight guess what another concert to go to lol. This is 80s bands, I think Journey's Steve Perry might be there. I said I would go even though I don't really feel like a concert, rather stay home and watch the opening ceremonies for the Olympics.

Ruth I am sure you are counting down until March to go to Florida. I am excited about going down to Biloxi next weekend to see my parents. I am down to just doing my taxes this year and showing DD1 how to do hers. DS wants to do his own he said he would call if he needs help.

Beth I need to get my head in the game too, I am going to try and do my best and when I get back from Biloxi I am going to do Phase 1 as well.

Debbie sounds like you are getting a routine started that works for you. Glad your food choices have been good.

Jekel hope you hanging in there with all the snow as well.

• I can’t believe I was AWOL all week!!! I made an appointment with a new PCP next month for a physical. I am way over due. Fortunately I haven’t had a reason to see a doctor so that is good. Food has been OP all week except for one big lunch Thursday which made me actually skip dinner (who does that). My energy level has been at an all time low. I was in bed by 8 most evenings this past week. Thinking those peri menopausal hormones are to blame. At least the bonus is no evening snacking!!!!

Debbie sounds like you have a really good handle on the new business.
    Beth they closed school by us the other day because of a “threat of snow.” You guys up north are way stronger!!!
    Pearlrose my exercise this month has been non existent. You are doing great. The OP eating will be consistent again. I like Beth’s plan for a reset with lent right around the corner.
    Ruth your planned cooking class in Italy sounds like fun. I know my Joe would love to do that!!!

Nothing new here. Going to Joe’s later. Hoping to get back in the exercise groove as May will be here soon. Hope everyone has a great day!

Wish me luck tomorrow I am going to try and make cauliflower pizza crust. It’s a vegan recipe with minimal ingredients. I am cheating as I bought the cauliflower already riced. I had one (frozen store bought with way too many ingredients I don’t know what they are) and really enjoyed it. I plan on separating the dough into individual portions and freezing them....its either that or I am eating a lot of cauliflower this week!!!!
  • Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come!

Another morning with snow lightly falling..did that groundhog last week say we are having an early or late spring??? I'm pretty much over winter by Valentine's Day. I will try not to whine but it isn't easy!

Not sure what is on the agenda today; probably some normal weekend niggles.

Jennifer, this is the recipe I have used for cauliflower crust; I think Cindy originally posted the link (but no, it isn't vegan)
    https://detoxinista.com/the-secret-t...r-pizza-crust/

Pearlrose, did you go to the concert? I need to start organizing paperwork for taxes too. I've inherited the job of getting all of the paperwork for my parents' taxes to their accountant, plus there will be ours and DS2. Ugh. Last year I procrastinated too long and ended up in a bit of a panic in April.

Debbie, sounds like you are getting into a routine with your new responsibilities. Hope the tips are good at work today.

Ruth, is today one of your food events?

Have a good day, chicks.
  • Good morning,

We did go to the concert last night, it was good some of the singers have lost their voices a bit but some were really great. Woke up early again but managed to go back to sleep, feeling a bit of cold symptoms so was wanting to rest up. Just sneezing and running nose so far. We are supposed to have freezing rain today so will probably stay home today and do my cleaning.

Jekel yeah for eating on plan, I have made the cauliflower pizza crust, I like it but I tend to burp cauliflower the rest of the day so not so much there. lol I am going to attempt a few days of Phase 1 starting today, before heading to my parents on Thursday, the scale is moving and not in the right direction. Might have something to do with the chinese I had last night and I know TOM is coming but can't stand the scale moving up at all.

Beth I totally forgot I have to do my parents taxes, lol. They will give me their paperwork when I am there.

• Drat! Taxes! Bruce just dumped a mess of paper onto my desk but we don't get all our pension, donation and investment slips until March so I'm procrastinating. We don't have to file until April 30 but ... I do like to get it cleared off my desk. Today WOULD be a good day to at least organize stuff but a nap sounds good too. It's threatening another dump of snow so a nap will just hit the spot.