Has anyone ever tried using hypnosis for weight loss?

• Hi there.

I was just wondering, has anyone ever tried using hypnosis for weight loss? I was thinking of trying it and wanted to see the pros and cons from others who are more experienced at trying this. Did it work... why or why not? Thanks in advance for your advice.
  • hypnosis
    Full disclosure: I am a hypnotist.

Hypnosis can be a very effective tool to help you lose weight. BUT, you need to have the correct mental attitude going in - and that attitude is to say, "I like this, I know this is going to work". If you go into it thinking that you'll "try" it to see "if" it works, you may not be successful.

Hypnosis is not a magic bullet that will make someone who is ambivalent about losing weight lose weight.

But if you are motivated, hypnosis can definitely help. It by-passes the comparing mechanism called the critical factor and this gets positive suggestions into the subconscious where change can take place.

It will take more than one session and if the hypnotist gives you "homework", you need to do it. It could consist of a reinforcement recording to listen to daily or affirmations to listen to.

Tags

weight loss hypnosis