#302 Bale of Turtles Getting It Done

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Morning turtles

Welcome Gailruu to our group! Pop in when you can & share your challenges, recipes and motivation you have.

Judy - I did make the sheppards pie using ground chicken and cauliflower instead of potatoes. Looks good, but haven't tried it yet - will be my lunch today. I divided it into 4 large portions for meals & probably will freeze one to have on hand. Lately, when I make a recipe I freeze at least one portion (all counted out) and this will makes things easier for menu planning as well.

Started working out with my daughter last Wed & got in 3 workouts this week, so off to a good start.

All - have a great week. Sending "skinny vibes" to all of you.

Gail M
  • Morning turtles

So excited - at my Tops meeting last night I was down 3.5# this week and was the weekly highest loser (free dues for 1 week). So was really happy with my week 1 results working out and increasing exercise and being totally on plan with my eating. Paid off!

All - hope you are having a good week

Gail
  • to Gailruu,
    Good luck. we can support you and wish you well. Good luck with the program!!!
    Gail, that is a fabulous weight loss! : What did you do differently that made this happen? Wow! So pleased for you.

I have started watching YouTube and Amanda Cypert in particular to get ideas about cooking ahead (they call it meal prep), putting the food into Bento boxes and storing some in fridge, and some in freezer. It makes life so much easier to have a variety of foods ready to eat. I made a meatloaf with side of green beans (with Bacon bits and some chopped onion), veggie chili and I had a WW style Cole Slaw in fridge to go with as needed, and shredded chicken veggie casserole in crock pot for another choice. I had made the spaghetti squash casserole and will have the last quarter of it for dinner tonight. This is all handy since we are doing a small kitchen improvement (new counters and backsplash) and I haven't had use of water over the weekend in the kitchen...............I had made the dinners right before this started. Hey, do you like overnight oatmeal? I am making it was almond milk and a smidge of protein powder and a smidge of chia seeds. I sprinkle a few raisins on top . Higher points than I would usually use, but very tasty and a nice change from egg on lite rye toast.

Okay, I'm going on and on.....................so : to all. Gailruu, hope you join us with comments and support. We love new members.
    Judy
    Itryharder
  • Morning turtles

Judy - yes I was pleased at the scales last week. I have been doing "My Plate" which is 1/2 plate is veggies, 1/4 starch & 1/4 protein and with our Tops programme we are allowed 6 starches & 5 proteins a day, but I switched that around for me & seems to work better. Also increased my exercise and NO CHIPS (2 weeks - that is a record for me)

Hope everyone has a great week!

Gail
  • Hi Turtles,
    I hope everyone has a great week too!
    Oh Gail, giving up chips for two weeks is fantastic. What a great weight loss you had. :
    Our renovation is almost done. I had some bento boxes filled with healthy foods in the right portions in the freezer. Defrosting them now and will keep on keepin' on.
    Best to everyone!
    Judy
  • Hi turtles - good job with the bento boxes (great idea to have on hand)

I had a "girls weekend" away at cottage & there were 9 of us altogether - lots of fun and I kept totally on track all weekend with my eating. Only extras were the drinks.
    I was exact weight this morning as I was before I left, so very happy with that. And there were so many goodies but I declined and had some healthy nibbles (veggies, chicken, pork pieces)
    We couldn't get out for walks since cottage was surrounded by ice & very hard to get around. We drove into the town & did some shopping and I found a great deal on a coat.

All - chime in when you can & hope you have a good week at the scales.
    Gail
  • Hi turtles

I was down 1# this week at my weigh in so happy with that since being away.
    Calling for more snow tonight but at least we had abit of a break from that.
    I don't work Fridays so don't have to worry about commute tomorrow.

All - pop in when you can!

Gail
  • Gail, you are doing great! I remember you set a goal at the beginning of the year. How does it feel to be actually doing this?????? Weigh to go lady!

I am trying something new. Each day I concentrate on making that day the best it can be without feeling deprived. I feel I will lose weight without angst this way. Send : because I really want this! Having as much weight off as I do is great, but I have stalled here for far too long, so I am putting a lot of effort into this.

Yeah, we may get snow here tomorrow too and our snow blower is at the shop for repairs. ugh...................well we'll see what's what tomorrow.

Food good............friend coming over for tea tonight. All good.
    Turtles, chime in. We love hearing from you.
    Judy
  • Hi turtles - down another 1# this week, so happy with that since I overdid the weekend. And I shared with another member the High Monthly Loser for February, which was nice.

Trying to keep my meals simple and keeping snacking at a minimum which is helping. I still like something at night while watching TV but make sure I keep room in my meal plan for that. Most of the time it is something not too heavy, last night was jello with whipped cream and some pecans on top - hit the sweet spot for sure.

All - hope you are having a good week.
    Gail
  • Gail, you are doing fantastic! Weigh to go!! :

Hi Turtles,
    I hope you are all getting ready to shed winter and move into the spring. Seems like this winter was especially tough. Still looking at snow.
    Lots going on here that makes it hard to stay on track. Each day is a new day. Right???

Have a good week.
    Judy
  • Had a WI today and was up. It was expected. I will take it easy tomorrow, not beat myself up, and keep on keepin' on.

Turtles, hope you're doing well. Would love to hear from you.
    Judy
  • Morning turtles

Judy - New day, hope you are back on track. If losing weight was easy, we would all be thin.

I was down 2# last night, so was happy with that - I have been really focussed for the most part, which is helping. I tried not having an evening snack a few nights but really felt put out about it & as I said, I make room for in my meal plan so just going to keep having my snack in the evening. Some things I know I need to look out for & plan ahead. Like lunch out with the girls - I try to go online beforehand and pick out what I will have & not look at the menus, so that is helping plus I have limited our lunches to 2 per month. Also when shopping, not buying stuff I don't need - this buying things for others is not really necessary & if I think my company really needs something I will buy the day of & send home leftovers with them.

So hope our new members pop in when they can - love to hear how everyone is doing and Judy - keep on keeping on (as you say)

Take care
    Gail
  • Hi Turtles,
    Gail, I love how focused you are. Weigh to go with your weight loss and the : Your ideas for keeping on track are wonderful.

sorry for my absence, but we've had some personal sadness that has taken all my time. Sending : to all and I plan to be back here on a more regular basis very soon.
    Judy
  • Good morning, turtles

Judy - sorry to hear your news but pop in when you can & take care of yourself now.

Hope you had a great Easter - mine was really nice but very busy.

Lets all do our best this week & if you have been struggling, lets "Spring into action and get back on track
    Gail
  • Thanks for the words of encouragement. I had a WI today and was up two tenths of a pound. Nothing to even think about.........except that I had been gaining weight for the last few weeks. Today is a new start
    My dh and I went out to get a WW pizza that a local pizzeria makes. It's a super thin crust and not a lot of anything else. lol. But it's good for us to get out.

Our Easter was good and we are hoping for spring weather soon.

Take care and here's to a good WI for all watching these posts. :
    Judy
    Best to all