Kinda upset

• I was just wondering because right now I am kinda down, I have been working out for 5 weeks now. I have lost 5 lbs I have been doing an hour on the treadmill at a 15 incline at 2.5 speed i sweat really bad I have just started squats and bench with just the bar. I am not on a diet although I am trying to make better decisions with food. I started at 220 and the scale says 215 am I doing the right things or maybe I just am trying to rush just very frustrating.
  • I think a pound a week is great...........that's 52lb a year.
  • Quote: I was just wondering because right now I am kinda down, I have been working out for 5 weeks now. I have lost 5 lbs I have been doing an hour on the treadmill at a 15 incline at 2.5 speed i sweat really bad I have just started squats and bench with just the bar. I am not on a diet although I am trying to make better decisions with food. I started at 220 and the scale says 215 am I doing the right things or maybe I just am trying to rush just very frustrating.
    I agree that 5 lbs is good.

There's a saying that goes "You can't outrun your fork" which means exercise will not usually bring weight loss unless you change your eating habits. It doesn't require a strict diet. As you said, you are making better decisions with food. Apparently you are making the right decisions, and have lost 5 lbs. That does not mean you should stop exercising. Exercise is important for our health and well-being. Keep making the good food decisions!
  • Quote: I agree that 5 lbs is good.

There's a saying that goes "You can't outrun your fork"
    YES YES YES whole heartedly yes. Luckily I love exercise, but I for a very long time I wondered how can I be so active and not lose the weight. Everything starts from what goes in our body. 5lbs is a great start. Be proud of your accomplishment. Keep with it and there will be more.
  • We put to much pressure on ourselves...thats besides outside pressure from other sources...you are doing well...keep pressing foward
  • Take a look at your diet. Sometimes things can seem healthy but when we really look at them, they are not.