~~~~ 100 Days Till New Years Challenge!!! ~~~~

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Kfunk ~ Yay! from another Lymphomaniac!!
    Congratulations on your 9 years!!
  • rosinante Thank you!! Is lymphoma what you had as well ?
  • kfunk6113 ~ yes it was. I was very fortunate, wasn't unwell for long, and a locum doctor spotted something in my throat that bothered him. 6 weeks later, started chemo. All a bit of a whirlwind. Still, behind me now. After my check up in the summer just gone, I'm now on annual checks. All good.
    When you get to 10 years, do they stop the checks?
  • rosinante I am glad that it was caught early!! Mine was as well, it was stage 2 when they found it. After the 5 year mark I was released from my annual checkups. It makes me a little nervous though because when I look back at my blood work there were no red flags that would have indicated I was sick. I did have radiation to my chest so it was recommended that I get mammograms earlier than most women do. I think I should probably schedule one soon!!
  • Kind of me too! People will sometimes say to me, You feel fine, don't you? ~ I felt fine when diagnosed, apart from a slightly persistent virus.
    I had radio on my neck, so a sore throat sometimes scares me. I'm old enough to get regular mammograms anyway ~ think it's every 2 years but not sure. They send a letter.
    In the UK we get called back for 10 years.
    Scary ~ but we've made it!!
  • Rosinante I had a persistent cough and that is how I was diagnosed, but I always worry about what is potentially lurking underneath. Bodies are so complex, its scary to me! 10 years seems more comfortable for me for peace of mind, I wonder why it is so different where I am...
  • kfunk, where are you? I agree, it's very hard not to worry.
  • rosinante Minnesota. Slightly up to 176.2 this morning. I am excited for a fresh start for December!
  • Another Update!

SW: 323
    CW: 300
    GW: 298
    23 lbs lost!
    2 lbs to go!

So close!! I was so scared to weigh myself after thanksgiving but it's not too bad!
  • Well done, CaliforniaDreamer!

kfunk - good luck for December!
  • california you are on fire!!!

rosinante thank you, you as well!
  • Quote: Weight update!

CW: 307
    GW: 298
    16 lbs lost!
    9 lbs to go!

If I reach my goal before new years, I'll just add another 5lbs to my goal.
    CW: 291

32lbs lost

So I passed my goal! since new years is soooo close I'm going to make my goal to lose 3lbs by then. BTW: This is the lowest weight Ive been in almost 2 years. It feels so good. I still have a lot to lose but I'm just happy to be out of the 300s because that was so depressing for me.

So my new goal is:

CW: 291
    GW: 288