Juice Diet/Cleanse

• I thought it might be a good idea to have smoothies or go on a cleanse for a few days so I can stop feeling tempted by caffeine mostly.

I saw a Super Eleven juice cleanse on Groupon, but even with their promotion it would be £70 for 5 days which I think is a bit much. I have a juicer and blender at home but don't use them very regularly.

I have gone back to uni this week so things are starting to get hectic but I also want to lose weight for my wedding. I am thinking of buying carrot juice, beet juice, a veg smoothie, and one or 2 fruit smoothies, plus some high protein yoghurts (although I find it hard to find yoghurt that doesn't have a lot of added sugar). I do have some nice green tea & pomegranate tea bags which I like for when I want something warm.

Do you think that sounds balanced enough? I would just want to do it for 3-5 days.

I did try a juicing diet years ago but could not stick to it as I had a much sweeter tooth. I used to enjoy the sweetened version of almond milk. This week I have replaced cow's milk with almond milk and enjoyed the unsweetened version. I was so pleased that I found the sweetened version too sweet!
  • My suggestion would be juice at home because the enzymes break down really quickly and the bottled versions probably won't have the good enzymes.

I think you'll get enough nutrients out of the juices to do fine for a week, sure. Especially if you use a variety of vegetables/fruits in your juices.