Help! Phase 1 ideas

• Looking for phase 1 ideas that are easy for lunch meal prep for the week. Also looking for phase 1 friendly meals that would be easy to make and acceptable for my 9 year old daughter? Should I just bite the bullet and start making us separate meals? Any advice is appreciated!
  • Welcome We have recipe threads broken down into each phase of SB. Taco bake and Creamy Mexican casserole are favorites for many of us. Turkey roll ups are quick and easy you can even add hummus for some extra flavor. Hard boiled eggs are another easy option. I still use the recipe section for ideas.
  • Hi there and welcome!

I don't think you need to make your daughter separate meals. DH and I started SB together and I had 2 college age boys at home at that time. Usually I would make a main dish for everyone and extra side dishes for them (bread, potatoes, etc) Depending on your daughter's tastes it isn't really that much extra work.

For lunch I stick to salads or soups mostly, but you can also eat leftovers. Or freeze single portions of your dinner leftovers for lunch.

Like Jennifer said, check out the recipe section plus the Getting Started thread under the FAQs. Also this post has some good ideas you could adapt for lunch ideas:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ml#post5321524
  • It is wonderful!
  • i have done the exact same thing. i make the protein and veggies for myself and my husband. my husband is thin and doesnt need to lose an ounce. i make a starch side for him and he eats his snacky stuff. the snacky stuff is in a special area in his mancave. its completely off limits. if there are leftovers of the starchy item then we warm it up for another meal. i would like to start eating more salads for my lunches. i really do enjoy a good salad. i am thinking of trying some mason jar salads for meal prep. i need to look into that more. i am understanding that they hold up better in a mason jar.