Down in the Dumps- self talk.

• My turn to say I am so discouraged. I keep thinking this is taking SOOOOOoooooo long.... and it is, but I just want to see the pounds melting off and staying off. I'm 20 weeks into SB and have lost 15 pounds. Why can't that be a happy thing????? Okay. Just had to say that and for crying out loud...I AM LOSING WEIGHT! This takes consistency. This takes patience. I'm 65, very active, very healthy and it is what it is. Slow and steady wins the race. The bad thing is that I have given myself a time line and need to give that up. It takes as long as it takes, right???? I beat myself up too much and should know better. So okay. Suck it up and stop wining. Thanks my friends.
  • Congrats on your weight-loss! It's really fantastic at your starting weight! And how do you feel? Other than in your head.
  • You are doing great!!!! Look at how far you have come already. I had to keep reminding myself I did not gain my weight overnight. It was gradual. If you lose weight rapidly normally people don't keep it off. Timelines rarely work. You are moving in the right direction.We often lose sight of what is truly important (myself included). It is what we gain by losing weight, health, activity and overall well being.....and smaller clothes
  • I think anyone here can understand wanting the weight loss to happen faster. My weight loss has taken years (see my join date!) but I'm finally getting close. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Hang
  • Dr Marjie, I understand and congrats on what you have lost. I am 61 and it gets harder when we get older! But you can either go up or down. I think 20 weeks and 15lbs is good! I know how hard it is not to get discouraged but you are not alone.
  • You are doing an amazing job, so don't get discouraged ...Keep on going and you will reach your goal before you know it.