Vegetarian

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: There's actually a sheet on here that explains why this can happen....phew...
    I will pass it by the doctor but I'm sure she'll be clueless lol!
    Yeah, I know there's transitory hormonal things that can result from IP; I have read that folks were advised to revisit their contraception routines too! More than likely that is what's going on. As someone who works in health care, my viewpoint is skewed because of seeing people with the 1/1000 bad luck. But never hurts to run it by & see what she says.
  • Go to User CP
    Quote: Hi, I'm newish...I did this plan before and loved it...but never phased out...my bad.
    I've decided to try vegetarian this time, I see my coach tomorrow so I'll ask her more about it. Tonigh im making tofu marinated in WF smoky BBQ sauce with veggies and rice cauliflower.
    Oh, and I started spotting today after 4 years in menopause! Apparently it's "normal", but it m not impressed...
    I'm looking forward to hearing what she says about that too.
    Thanks all for your words of wisdom and encouragement, ttyl
    Go to user cp and open the links for add profile photo, it has to be small enough to fit, and upload it from your desktop. It will let you know if it doesnt fit. hugs
  • Great posts!
    Quote: Seitan is another low carb option and easy to make but only if you do not have to be gluten free. You may wish to do the Alternative/Diabetic IP Plan so that you can get protein from beans or dairy. You will still lose weight and it is still a legitimate IP plan from head office. Use a low fat Greek yogourt for more concentrated protein, and low fat cheeses. Best beans I've found for ratio of proteins to carbs is Edamame at 1C = 16g protein, 10 net carbs; Fava Beans at 1C = 13g protein, 21 net carbs; White Kidney Beans at 1C = 14g protein, 23 net carbs. The white kidney beans are lower in actual sugars than the fava but have more starch which is why they are slightly higher in carbs, but your body may process the starches slower than the sugars - better for your insulin sensitivity - especially if eaten with your fat allowance. Just something to think about.

You may also find this IP thread helpful... I was on it 3 years ago. It hasn't been pulled up in ages but is very pertinent as many Indian people are vegetarians. Hubby & I eat Indian food a lot. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ndians-ip.html
    I am super excited to try some of the recipes in the conversations. My favorite food to began with! We have several Indian spice stores, well about an hour's driving. But we'll worth it. I have about another 20ish pounds to loose so I am trying different recpies and ways to accommodate phase 1. I will probably phase off about 10 pounds before my goal. Slowly getting there!!!❤💋❤💋❤💋 Thanks for the info