Ideal Protein Weight Stall

• Hi there,
    someone please help me! I've been on the ideal protein diet for the past 14 weeks. And at first I was losing about 3lbs a week, however the 2 of weeks my weight loss has stalled. This week I have been on the Novi-Pur cleanse and it hasn't helped at all. I eat 4 cups of veg (min) a day, mostly cucumber and celery. and I eat 1 restricted in the morning and 2 other unrestricted and 1c of other protein (usually chicken breast with pepper on it), and more than the recommended amount of water. I also walk at a medium pace for 30-40min 5x a week, never breaking a sweat or heavy breathing.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO????
  • Quote: Hi there,
    someone please help me! I've been on the ideal protein diet for the past 14 weeks. And at first I was losing about 3lbs a week, however the 2 of weeks my weight loss has stalled. This week I have been on the Novi-Pur cleanse and it hasn't helped at all. I eat 4 cups of veg (min) a day, mostly cucumber and celery. and I eat 1 restricted in the morning and 2 other unrestricted and 1c of other protein (usually chicken breast with pepper on it), and more than the recommended amount of water. I also walk at a medium pace for 30-40min 5x a week, never breaking a sweat or heavy breathing. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO????
    A couple things...

Veggies - 4 cups is the minimum and maximum. It is 2 cups at lunch and 2 at dinner so be sure to measure raw in a measuring cup. However, you are eating the lowest calorie veg and it may not be giving you enough calories overall. Really try for more variety. Eating at the lowest calorie end always can actually slow losses.

Meat is 8 oz by raw WEIGHT. Measuring cups are 8 oz by volume for liquids. You are not getting the correct amount of meat! Eating over or under could slow losses.

Loss averages are 2-3 per week, but since it is an average there will be weeks of low or no loss as well. Take your total pounds loss and divide by weeks on plan to see your average.

Are you measuring for inches lost? Those are much more revealing about true fat loss than weighing.

A stall is more than four consecutive weeks of no loss of pounds OR inches. What you are experiencing is a normal weight loss pattern. You are doing fine! 😃
    someone please help me! I've been on the ideal protein diet for the past 14 weeks. And at first I was losing about 3lbs a week, however the 2 of weeks my weight loss has stalled. This week I have been on the Novi-Pur cleanse and it hasn't helped at all. I eat 4 cups of veg (min) a day, mostly cucumber and celery. and I eat 1 restricted in the morning and 2 other unrestricted and 1c of other protein (usually chicken breast with pepper on it), and more than the recommended amount of water. I also walk at a medium pace for 30-40min 5x a week, never breaking a sweat or heavy breathing.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO????
    Hang in there! The closer you get to goal, the slower you weight loss, in general. Many people on this forum reported slower weight loss, with the last 10 lbs as the slowest. I notice you said 1 cup of protein. Unless the P1 protocol has changed in the last couple yrs, isn't is something like 6-8 oz protein? Maybe that amount to the same thing as a cup, but it sounded like you might be short on the protein serving.

The only other thing I can think of is that your metabolism slowed down in response to the low cals. Sometimes I've heard of coaches recommending an extra nonrestricted packet for a few days.

Good luck!

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO????
    Weigh protein and veggies for accuracy. As mentioned above, measuring CUPS are for liquid measurements. Your coach should be able to provide you with a chart listing how much is equal to a cup for all the veggies we're allowed. Variey is the spice of life plus it keeps your body quessing. Yours may be in "starvation mode" and holding on to everything you give it. Follow the sheet closely, add variety and weigh everything (except your unlimiteds-those you can eat all you want as long as they are raw). Walking is good but you may be shorting yourself on the protein your body needs. Good luck!

Tags

ideal protein, weight loss tips