Help me please

• Good morning to all of you.

Last year, I gained 20 kilos in 8 months without changing my diet or working out habits.
    I was tested for hipotiroidism, hormone levels, cushing and so on. The doctors (I saw 8 different doctors) were unable to find what I have.
    I have always been skinny, 58kilos for 175cm, so this is a huge mystery.

Once I hit the +20, I stopped gaining weight. Since that moment, I have tried everything, all types of diets, and nothing has worked: my weight won't budge.
    I workout 5 days a week, following the tone it up or the tracy anderson program.

I have another appointement in 3 weeks with a new doctor who apparently is really good but I can't stay like this. I work in Public Relations and I need to present well (I know this mind sound superficial but it is part of the job).

Has this happened to anyone but me? What solution have you found to lose weight?
  • Hey girl! I am so sorry! That sounds really frustrating. While I'm not paleo, Diane Sanfilipo does some good stuff on her podcasts. I can't post links, but look up Diane Sanfilipo hormones and weight loss and you should find some stuff.
  • How old are you lola? I also had sudden weight gain (about 20 lbs in 2 years for first time ever). My activity slowed down a bit, but I was never one to work out daily.

I think I gained weight during my late 40's and suspect it is related to hormonal changes. I'm just starting Ideal Protein diet, its a coached keto diet. After 2 weeks on the program, I think this will work for me. High protein, low carb (<50 grams/day), low-moderate fat. However I still have only lost a couple of pounds, so I think this will be a long slow process. Good luck!

Tags

impossible, weightloss