New Here :)

• Hi, all! I actually used to post here a good 5 years ago, couldn't remember my log in or e-mail. Figured I would make a fresh start.

I'm Erika, a single mama to an amazing 11 year old daughter. I've been a yo-yo-dieter since I was a teenager, overweight my entire life. One time I got to my goal, then I got married and re-gained a bunch after that and a pregnancy. I've tried for 10 years off and on to get my weight down, to no avail. Or getting 10 off and failing.

I say it every time "THIS is the time" but I feel different this time. I'm going through a divorce (currently separated) after a 12 year marriage. It's time to focus on myself. After a VERY hard and painful year, I need to do something for me. I feel highly motivated, and know (I don't hope) this time it will be MY time.

I'm 181 and wish to get around 130. Going the counting calories route (with lots of protein, veg, fruit, water and exercise).

Looking forward to being here again!
  • Hello Erika. What a miserable year you have had, and admiration from me for coming through it and focusing on yourself now. I'm sure you'll do it. It's a mystery isn't it... suddenly the pounds are back on, you get a bit off and hey there they are back again. I'm sure you will find all the support you need on here. You've done it once, you'll do it again
  • Quote: Hello Erika. What a miserable year you have had, and admiration from me for coming through it and focusing on yourself now. I'm sure you'll do it. It's a mystery isn't it... suddenly the pounds are back on, you get a bit off and hey there they are back again. I'm sure you will find all the support you need on here. You've done it once, you'll do it again
    Because it's a lifetime gig, and that's what I have to remember. The time I got to goal, I then let myself eat more because "I was there"... well, we are never there.
    Thank you so much!