Old 05-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #1  

Unhappy Ideal protein

I started the Ideal Protein diet on May 6th and my first weigh in was 3.5 lbs, my second weight in was up 2.2, my third weigh in is tomorrow and I do not feel any different as to the fit of my clothes ?? I DO NOT CHEAT and follow it precisely and according to what my coach advises. I was told that the Walden dressings are limitless as well as cucumbers and lettuce, celery etc. (Romaine) is my choice. So I have a couple big salads of just so items daily, one mid morning and one for mid day...plus my 2 ideal protein and measured restricted veggies, my 8 oz protein and my daily snack. Never stray off the daily protocol.....When I have my lettuce salads

I have the Walden dressing which i do not measure as told it is limitless. I follow the diet exactly and drink the correct amount of water.... and finishes my third week in total so far I have lost 1.3 lbs. I am wondering why and then i read some of the messages here from members that have struggled with the same issue so that has restored a little hope. Even if tomorrow I have say lost 2, that is not very much ion 3 weeks considering the cost of the food etc. does anyone else have experience with the Walden dressings and you were also told it is limitless and use as much as you want ?? maybe that is part of my problem ??
bpardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:19 AM   #2  

Hi, I used the Walden Farms products pretty freely. I've read that some people do better when they restrict the amount, or give it up altogether. It doesn't sound like you are eating that much Walden Farms. But some clinics recommend a limit. Even though WF products say 0 calorie, they might have 1/2 calorie or 1/2 gram of carb per serving. They are still allowed to say 0. It can add up. But I think it would take a lot to add a significant amount of calories or carbs.

A common reason for weight going up is fluid retention, from hormonal things like PMS, or from constipation. It could be a bit early to feel your clothes changing.

Wishing you a good weigh in tomorrow!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:48 AM   #3  
mjf

What are "2 ideal protein" and "8 oz protein", what's the daily snack, and which Walden dressing? If you tell me exactly what they're called so I can look up the ingredients and nutrition info, I might be able to figure out which food is the problem.

Last edited by mjf; 05-26-2017 at 01:48 AM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

When I was losing my weight on IP, my coach told me that there is a limit on those 'extras' - 5 in a day including Walden Farms, Pur gum, Mio, etc. The nutrition facts can be off by quite a bit (legally they are still considered 'correct') and if you look at the serving size what can show as 0 carb can actually be up to .5 PER SERVING. If you have several/unlimited servings it does add up. Also you could be sensitive to the gums they use to make the products or the non-caloric sweeteners that are added to them.

Try cutting them out for a couple weeks and using your own home made dressings from the allowed oil and lime/lemon juices or truly unlimited vinegar along with whatever allowable spices you like (plain mustards, herbs, soy sauce, hot sauce, etc). See if there is any change.

Other than that, I see that you are only getting 2 IP protein packets in a day?? Protocol is 3 and this could mean that you are not providing your body with enough protein and that can definitely hamper weight loss.
https://examine.com/nutrition/how-do...t-weight-loss/

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #5  

Hi. Am on my 2nd week also. Not much of a veggie person, but here are some things I have done.

Today for lunch: 2C broccoli crowns put into the broccoli/cheese IP soup. Was very good.
Yellow Zucchini - 2stp Olive Oil, IP Salt, Pepper, etc. Toss it all around to cover all. Put in oven 400degrees for about 25min. Comes out nice and roasted. Have done the same with Cauliflower
Canned Spinach with a little vinegar. I like the taste. I try and eat it fast to get it done with and move on
Turnip chips..so good! Slice very thin, toss with evoo , s/p and I sometimes use a little paprika. Cook in oven at 425 for about 20m until they brown and get crispy like chips
I've made the kale chips (can google), but to me they were just ok

Is crazy having to be so creative, but am trying to get those veggies in. Am going to google maybe a way to do a smoothie or something to just drink veggies quick and get that part over with. Can you tell I am not crazy about veggies? LOL
RoosterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/196/138

I'll have to give the turnip chips a try.
lifeonahigherplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
When I was losing my weight on IP, my coach told me that there is a limit on those 'extras' - 5 in a day including Walden Farms, Pur gum, Mio, etc. The nutrition facts can be off by quite a bit (legally they are still considered 'correct') and if you look at the serving size what can show as 0 carb can actually be up to .5 PER SERVING. If you have several/unlimited servings it does add up. Also you could be sensitive to the gums they use to make the products or the non-caloric sweeteners that are added to them.

Liana
So even if she uses the Walden Farms dressing 10 times a day, that's only 5 carbs. I've yet to come across an IP product with less than five grams of carbs. That she's only taking 2 IP foods kinda balances out the carb intake I would think.

Two salads, two IP foods, & 8 oz of protein. That can't be more than 700 calories all together. If the OP isn't cheating & not losing weight, I think it's time to go see a doctor & find out what's going on.

Last edited by Oenomaus; 06-20-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Oenomaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #8  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

Try cutting them out for a couple weeks and using your own home made dressings from the allowed oil and lime/lemon juices or truly unlimited vinegar along with whatever allowable spices you like (plain mustards, herbs, soy sauce, hot sauce, etc). See if there is any change.

Other than that, I see that you are only getting 2 IP protein packets in a day?? Protocol is 3 and this could mean that you are not providing your body with enough protein and that can definitely hamper weight loss.
https://examine.com/nutrition/how-do...t-weight-loss/

Liana

I agree with all that you say.

I can add this:

- weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you'll have bigger losses, others less, others might seem like a stall and sometimes you might even bump up for a bit. The scale does not tell the story of all that is happening.

- lemon juice kicked me out of ketosis. I used to use it liberally but that is no more.

Keep going!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I agree with all that you say.

I can add this:

- weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you'll have bigger losses, others less, others might seem like a stall and sometimes you might even bump up for a bit. The scale does not tell the story of all that is happening.

- lemon juice kicked me out of ketosis. I used to use it liberally but that is no more.

Keep going!
How does the lemon juice kick you out of ketosis?
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Height: 5'11"

A mix of vinegar, mustard, hot sauce and cut up (small) Carolina Reaper peppers can make a really good dressing.
crash302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #11  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
How does the lemon juice kick you out of ketosis?
My metabolism is so super sensitive to sugar that it will not stay in ketosis when any kind of sugar is present.

Lemon juice has naturally occurring sugars in it.

I used to use lemon juice with my water carbonator. I'd make a carbonated lemonade by adding lemon juice and stevia to carbonated water. My coach could not figure out why my weight loss was stalling ... or why sometimes I was even gaining.

Turns out it was the lemon. I haven't gone back to using it. I might sometimes and try to figure out where the line in the sand is for me with it. But for now, too many other things on the go!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideal protein