Hello all!

• Hi everyone! I'm 22, soon to be 23, and have been dealing with binge eating and unhealthy relationships with food for as long as I can remember. I was raised to not have any control over food and over-ate all the time. This made me overweight and insecure, which contributed to mild anorexia in high school (dropped 40 lbs, lost my period for a year and a half). Ever since, my weight has fluctuated, but has slowly been going up since food has become one of my biggest comforts.
    I really want to have a healthy relationship with food, especially as I approach adulthood. I want to eat enough to sustain my body, but not enough to feel bloated and sluggish. I want to to eat healthy, nourishing foods more often than I eat giant bowls of over-salted pasta.

I quit smoking last week (today's Day 8!), so I've been relying on food extra-heavily to deal with the cravings and emotions of quitting cigarettes. I finally feel like Im ready to work on food- my other big addiction.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope that I can work through this with all of you!
  • Hi, Earthworm! Congratulations on quitting smoking!! Sounds like you are motivated and dedicated to getting healthier, and that's wonderful! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!