Belviq

• So my doctor has been obsessed lately with getting me to lose weight. I am just overweight but she feels at my age 47 I need to get this off. I am also concerned about uterine cancer. Several friends at work have mothers / friends / and several of my actual co workers died of uterine cancer. Especially one that was overweight her entire life (but she also drank like a fish). So I also really need to get to a normal weight. Apparently excess estrogen at this time can really be a problem.

She first put me on Phentermine which I had used before. Unfortunately as you age maybe you react different. It was a low dose but I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I discontinued.

So my doctor asked me about Belviq. Here is the thing. It has been around for about 4 years (it was supposed to be approved in 2010 but the FDA didn't think they had proven it was safe but by 2013 they had) To me that is enough to rule out risks of anything serious. It only suppresses your appetite a little (enough to take the edge off) and it is approved for long term use. Finally I went to "Drugs.com" and a lot of the reviews were good. But everyone noted that at first you may have terrible side effects.

I started yesterday and I had some weird side effects. Not horrific. Most people say that after the first week they go away.

But I do think it has helped me take the edge off.

Has anyone else tried this? What did you think?
  • Belviq results
    Hi,
    I took Belviq this past fall and lost 10 lbs fairly quickly. It had a definite effect on my chronic food focus. I finally felt normal. My weight stayed the same through the winter and I went off the drug in the spring at my doctor's advice. Now I'm going back on because I've gained the weight back and then some. I think it's a very helpful drug with no racing heart side effects. Good luck!
  • Quote: Hi,
    I took Belviq this past fall and lost 10 lbs fairly quickly. It had a definite effect on my chronic food focus. I finally felt normal. My weight stayed the same through the winter and I went off the drug in the spring at my doctor's advice. Now I'm going back on because I've gained the weight back and then some. I think it's a very helpful drug with no racing heart side effects. Good luck!
    I also felt normal. I could "take or leave" food. There was no obsessing. Unfortunately, I could NOT take the side effects. Also, I think the pill could have permanently messed me up. Right after getting off I had heart palpitations... and I continue to have poor sleep and jerks and twitches. I just cannot take that drug again.

I looked into other diet pills but could not really find one that didn't have people complaining about side effects.
  • Yes, I heard of belviq and I was thinking to try belviq and get a prescription, but chose not to, those side effects bother me a lot. I mean Can't they make a safe weight loss pill? lol

But, I bet it must have helped those who were on it. I found this article on comparison and buying these pills.

I have tried modanifil though, that works from a different mechanism, and it kind of provides the extra edge when you don't feel like doing that workout. But it comes with its own downs and sides.
  • I have been planning to try this before