Memorial Day Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • Hi everyone Happy weekend to you all. Some of you expressed interest in another challenge. Memorial day is on Monday, May 29th, the kick off to summer for some us. You can join now or at any point along the way of the challenge, it is never too late to join.

Just state what it is that you would like to accomplish by memorial day, it can be a weight loss goal or a non weight loss goal such as inches lost or it can be that your just trying to start out and still having a tough day one and making it about day one, it can be about wanting to quit night time snacking or desserts or soda, or whatever you choose!

Post as often as you like, It is at those times that we can get help, there is no failure here! We are all striving to be a better us!

I look forward to meeting you all! As for me, I am currently in the spring challenge until the 20th but I decided to start here now too! With approximately 11 weeks to go (10 weeks from Monday 3/13) and the start of summer, my goal is to continue being active and exercising, stay on plan, and if a 12 lb. loss or so follows that would be great! First and foremost, I will just take it day by day and focus on that day. What are your goals? : )

Have a great weekend and remember to jump in anytime, it is never too late!
  • My goal is to weigh 128. That is about a 10 pound loss.
  • Hi Tabbycat
  • Hey,

I can get behind a Memorial Day challenge! My goal is to get to and maintain 250 or lower on the scale - a 7.4 lb loss from my weigh-in today. Hopefully that's highly achievable and I can set a stretch goal later, but it's been awhile since I set out on a diet and I would like an easy win *fingers crossed.*

Best wishes,
    RRosie
  • I'm totally in!

My goal is to be 190-ish. I haven't decided yet if that's too ambitious or not so I might revise it later.
  • My goal will be 235. High hopes! I am currently 261.
  • I would like to join this if I could!!! I would like to be at 250 by Memorial Day!! My starting weight is 274.2.

Good luck, everyone!!
  • Totally had to google when Memorial day was Bloody Foreigner

Well I would love to of lost a good 3 inches off of my Tummy by then.

I was working on my legs in the Spring Challenge and They look pretty good to me, hopefully I will be able to check in on that challenge with a good loss. But with my first wedding of many approaching in June, I would really like to work on reducing the inches on my tummy. I see great results in all areas, except for there, so I need to start doing better workouts.

I think by then my goal is also to be 254? so that is like 18lbs or something :O wish me luck
  • Another out of town member here had to google the date of Memorial Day.

I'm going to aim for 15lbs more off - the week leading up to the 29th I'm away in Germany on holiday, which might make 5:2 fasting a bit of a struggle!!
  • Another googler here! I would like to aim for an average of 1.5 a week for the 11 weeks starting tomorrow. I will post back then with my SW & GW
  • May 29 is Memorial Day!
    Ok so.... by May 29 I would like to be ULTIMATE weight. That is 140lbs. That is total of 15lbs from now.

SW: 155lbs
    GW: 140 lbs ← I need that for swimming pool

Here we go!

MARCH:
    March 9: 155
    March 12: 154.8
  • Hi Ladies Happy Sunday!

May 29 is on a Monday so from tomorrows date it would be exactly 10 weeks, please bear that in mind when doing your calculations and at which time frame you start. It's great to see everyone's goals and I look forward to our journeys together

RedRosie, LovelyLeah, Lindifer, Gemini6, Farn0057, Scotsga, Rosinate, takingcontrol, and unwanted37 Nice to see some familiar faces here and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Girls, I should of put the date, thanks for pointing it out. I am going to go do an edit now Hope you all have a great day, catch up soon.
  • Hi Weekend Boater, thank you for starting this!! I love challenges

Good luck to everyone!!

SW: 219.4
    GW: 199.4

I went back and forth on what I wanted to put as my goal. 20 lbs. is a stretch, but I have been losing on average 2.5 lbs. a week, so I dropped it down to 2lbs assuming it is bound to slow down. I really wanted to be in the 190's by June 1st, but didn't realize that is approaching so quickly!
  • I love challenges, too! Thank you Weekend Boater!

Memorial Day Challenge

3/11/17
    Start Weight: 137

5/29/17
    Goal Weight: 125

I am nearing my goal weight and would actually like to be 5 pounds below...so that puts me at losing 1.2 pounds per week. Doable!
    I am looking forward to sharing our journeys!

Weekend Boater, I so agree with your goals: "my goal is to continue being active and exercising, stay on plan, and if a 12 lb. loss or so follows that would be great! First and foremost, I will just take it day by day and focus on that day." My approach is exactly the same!
  • Thanks for setting this up WeekendBoater!

I'd like to lose an average of 1.5lb a week between now and Memorial Day, is it 10 or 11 weeks away? I make it 11 so am setting a challenge of losing 16.5lb which will mean an end weight of 187.5 which will be lovely to see!

I look forward to following and supporting everyone on their journeys and getting to know everyone better

SW = 204.0
    13/3 = 204.0
    GW = 187.5