bell peppers vs sweet peppers

• my hubby bought a couple of bags of sweet peppers, the small kind, at the store when I put bell peppers on the list. I did check online and it seems that they are a kind of bell peppers, but I am thinking we can't have sweet peppers right? I was going to make "nachos" with them tonight and I don't want to have to go back to the store if I don't have to....

Anybody know if these are okay?
  • Quote: my hubby bought a couple of bags of sweet peppers, the small kind, at the store when I put bell peppers on the list. I did check online and it seems that they are a kind of bell peppers, but I am thinking we can't have sweet peppers right? I was going to make "nachos" with them tonight and I don't want to have to go back to the store if I don't have to....

Anybody know if these are okay?
    Hi! I believe they are fine. I've had the ones you are talking about and I've not had an issue with my weight loss when I did. Enjoy!
  • I use the bagged Lil Sweeties all the time!
    They are fine!!
  • Thanks!! That is a new one to me, but he said they were bell peppers and they were on sale. Makes some good "nachos" too.
  • Sweet Peps
    During my first appointment, my coach said to avoid them, along with carmelized onions. Then at the store I saw the bag of little sweet peppers and completely forgot they were restricted.

So I've been using them sparingly, one or two per day, but won't buy more during phase I.

However this, along with sauteeing onions with my veggies might be slowing me down a bit.

I'm on day 10, and feel like I'm just on the edge of ketosis but not quite there. I may need to take out the restricted veg's and snacks next week, plus up the water to 10-12 cups per day to get this to kick in.

Lost about 4 lbs during first 10 days.
  • Quote: During my first appointment, my coach said to avoid them, along with carmelized onions. Then at the store I saw the bag of little sweet peppers and completely forgot they were restricted.

So I've been using them sparingly, one or two per day, but won't buy more during phase I.

However this, along with sauteeing onions with my veggies might be slowing me down a bit.

I'm on day 10, and feel like I'm just on the edge of ketosis but not quite there. I may need to take out the restricted veg's and snacks next week, plus up the water to 10-12 cups per day to get this to kick in.

Lost about 4 lbs during first 10 days.
    ALL PEPPERS are select and fine. A very long time ago there were some distinctions but that was changed by IP 5+ years ago.