Greetings from new forum member

• Greetings All!

I am a man in my early forties and I've been on a few diets. My first diet was extremely successful and I was on it for 6 months. I went from 230 to 202. Now I am 258 and I have totally failed. I went on a short diet with mediocre results. My workplace is very, very stressful and I eat to manage my anxiety. I also am concerned about the emotional aspects of weight loss; I found when I reduce my calories I feel sadder and more emotional. But I have to lose weight because I'm afraid I'll kick the bucket and I'm tired of being this heavy. I want to be able to move around easily and I want to return to my favorite sport of bicycling, for which I am too heavy to do right now. Anyhow, I'll add a note on this thread in couple of weeks.
    My method is calorie counting and I'm planning on 2200 calories a day and then down to 1800 calories a day. I am also planning on keeping a weight loss journal on my email or document program somewhere.

Thank you for reading!

-HardWorkingPerson
  • Sounds Like you are determined and ready to make tat change. You know in the past tings worked for you. However our bodies change and so what use to work might not work any more. Stay on your track and now we are all here because we all have to lose weight, or have and want to support others.