Veggie Cornbread With A Kick - Recipe

• One of my favorite hobbies is cooking and coming up with new recipes. Here's one I made up on the fly the other night. It's a slight adaptation to traditional Hot Water Cornbread.

*You will need a food processor for this recipe.

Ingredients
    • Salt
    • Pepper
    • Garlic
    • Cayenne Powder
    • Old Bay Seasoning
    • Corn Meal
    • Sugar
    • Corn
    • Green Onion
    • Yellow Onion
    • Cauliflower
    • Broccoli
    • Almond milk
    • Greek Yogurt
    • Olive Oil or Butter (or butter alternative)

Step 1: Put 1 cup of broccoli and cauliflower mixed into your food processor and pulse until finely chopped.

Step 2: Dice green onions and yellow onions. Heat your skillet.

Step 3: Put the diced green onions, yellow onions, and broccoli/cauliflower mix into a large mixing bowl.

Step 4: Add kernels of corn to the mix, and season to taste. If you use sweet corn, do not add sugar unless you want your bread to turn out very sweet.

Step 5: Pour almond milk into the mixture and stir until it is well blended and somewhat thick. Add the milk slowly so that the mixture doesn't get runny.

Step 6: Add oil or butter to the skillet. Form the mixture into cakes and place them into the skillet.

Step 7: Let cakes brown, but not burn before flipping them over. If they aren't brown enough, flip them again after the other side is done cooking.

Step 8: After they are done, let them cool and serve with a side of Greek Yogurt for dipping.

These are both healthy and delicious.

This is my first time writing a recipe, so any tips you have will help. Thanks.
  • Thanks, it looks good. I am going to try it.
  • Hi!
    I found good advice How to Boil Corn
    try) maybe it will help someone)