2017 Weight Watchers Newbies

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Hello all!

I am re-joining WW come the New Year. I had already posted an introduction in the WW forum, but I thought I'd start a thread for people joining WW for the 2017 New Year.

Let's support each other! Post a short intro - name, location, starting weight, current weight, goal weight, and any other info you'd like to share

My name is Jessica, I'm 36 years old and live in Texas. I'm a Chemical Dependency Counselor, married to my wife since Sept 2015, and have 3 cats and a dog. I am a Cancer Survivor. I have Celiac Disease, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, and an autoimmune Thyroid Disorder. All of which is pretty well managed, thankfully.

So...

Starting Weight Oct. 2014: 323LBS
    Current Weight Nov. 2016 : 233 LBS
    Goal Weight: 180-185 LBS

I'd like to hit ONEderland by my birthday, which is April 26th.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all
  • My name is Elle, Im 28 years old and I live in Houston. Im joining WW in January. My starting weight is 370 lbs. My goal weight is between 210-220 lbs. Ummm... I like puppies lol
  • Hey, lots of us Texas people here! I am not a 2017 newbie but wanted to say hi to both of you.
  • Quote: My name is Elle, Im 28 years old and I live in Houston. Im joining WW in January. My starting weight is 370 lbs. My goal weight is between 210-220 lbs. Ummm... I like puppies lol
    I'm in Houston too!! Hello
  • And I'm not far away....
  • We are going grocery shopping on Friday to get geared up to join WW. Feeling good and motivated. Ready to lose these last 49 pounds!!!
  • Hello!

My name is Abigail, I'm 22 years old and live in Massachusetts. My starting weight is 202 lbs, currently 201 lbs, goal of 130 lbs.
    I have done WW unofficially (using free resources I found online) in the past, but this time I have decided to fully commit and am doing WW online. I am hoping to stick with WW long term this time, and change my lifestyle and become healthier rather than making everything completely based on weight loss.
  • Hi. As you can see I am a Disney addict. I am hoping to go to Disneyland for my 10th anniversary. I am currently 237, and my ultimate goal is 125 If I can get down to 160 by October I will be thrilled.
  • Hello Abigail and Princessminnie

We got this!!! I'm hoping this thread can be a support for all of us starting WW!

So, are you all doing the SmartPoints (WW newest program)?

My wife and I are actually doing the PointsPlus, since we have all of the materials for that already.

Official start date for us is January 2nd.

Koshka Edit: merged double posts
  • Quote: Hello Abigail and Princessminnie

We got this!!! I'm hoping this thread can be a support for all of us starting WW!

So, are you all doing the SmartPoints (WW newest program)?

My wife and I are actually doing the PointsPlus, since we have all of the materials for that already.

Official start date for us is January 2nd.

Koshka Edit: merged double posts
    I am. I signed up for the 3 months online. If I don't end up liking the new program, I can go back to points plus. Best of luck to you and your wife!
  • Quote: I am. I signed up for the 3 months online. If I don't end up liking the new program, I can go back to points plus. Best of luck to you and your wife!
    Thanks! You as well
  • Quote: I am. I signed up for the 3 months online. If I don't end up liking the new program, I can go back to points plus. Best of luck to you and your wife!
    I did the same thing princessminnie! We'll see how the first three months go. I have had success with pointsplus in the past so if the smart points doesn't seem to be right for me I'll go back to it.
  • I'm doing the new program. I think it is better for me because it pushes me towards better choices.
  • Well, I don't know that I count as a newbie since I've joined WW 32,745,023 times in my lifetime (or something like that). I just re-upped online and will go to a meeting tomorrow. I haven't stepped on a scale in ages, so that will be a surprise. I'm guessing somewhere around 260 but I'm fearing that it will be more than that, especially just coming out of Christmas. My goal weight should be somewhere around 150, but to be honest I'd be satisfied with getting under 200 and staying there (staying there being the hardest part). I feel like this is my last shot before I really have to consider bariatric surgery. I did make it to Lifetime once upon a time, but that was nearly 20 years ago now.

I am 47 and have twin almost-16-year-old daughters (fraternal, about as different as can be). My husband and I own a business so I really have no good excuse for not eating right and exercising since I can really make my own schedule. I know my husband (who is thin) would be thrilled if I was leaving work to exercise!

In addition to joining WW today, I also joined Planet Fitness. The feel-good choice would have been to join the local Y but you just can't beat $10/month! So yeah, I'm doing the stereotypical January thing and vowing to eat right and exercise.

2016 was a really crappy year. Parenting two 15-year-olds has been hard as he11 (even though they're both really good kids, good students, etc.). The 16-year-old niece of one friend and the 14-year-old son of another were diagnosed with brain tumors. The election didn't go the way I hoped. And I had very little control over any of it. So for 2017 I'm going to try to seize control of what I can, starting with trying to eat better and exercise more.

Are there still discussion forums like this on the official WW site? If so, I couldn't find them. All I could find was something that looked more like Facebook.
  • I returned to WW on 31 December, after seeing sustained weight gains throughout this year. I had dropped out of WW when they launched SP because it seemed too complicated (all new values to things I had "known" before) and I wasn't enjoying the meeting focus. I thought, "oh, I can do it alone online!" but I never even opened the app and just kept gaining.

This time, I am making the effort to calculate the values, pre-plan, track and see how it goes. I found a new meeting and feel ready to do it. I recently got into fitbit challenges with some neighbors and that has been a blast...so when I saw I was still gaining, I realized that I need a framework. I'm 54 and my main goal is to stop the rise, and then to build my strength with walking, yoga, and swimming, to improve my health. It would be great to be under 200 by summer. I've been in denial.
    I wasn't able to find the bulletin boards either, so am glad to have found this spot...

To a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Tags

weight watchers