Halloween Challenge!

You're on Page 20 of 22
Go to
  • Way to go Silverdove

and good going with the pilates Rowan

Aquareggie, you may be having ups and downs with your plan but I think you are doing well over all
  • Hello everybody...been gone for a while but back with a vengence. Glad to hear that soozie is 'perky'.
    Hello to all the new people.
    My halloween challenge weight went right out the window. I think I GAINED the weight I was supposed to lose. Things here are more than a bit frustrating. (Serious health issues) going to start back with phase 1 in the am. Well I am off to bed. Gotta be ready for the mental challenge of losing weight. I swear that it takes a whole lot of effort to stay OP.
    Glad everyone seems to be meeting and exceeding the challenge!!!!
  • CONGRATULATIONS SILVERDOVE!

Its ok Fire Lady. It can be a slow road on the weight journey. I'm sorry you've had health problems. I hope you will be able to re-start your program with minimal annoyance. I have not lost any weight on my challenge. But I'm really glad I found everyone here. You've helped a lot. Do you think we'll have another challenge? Good luck everyone. Take care. - Amy
  • Amy, the good news is
    that here at alternachicks,
    there is always another challenge!
    alternachicks never give in and we never give up...
    they have to take us out kicking and screaming...
    unless they bribe us with chocolate...
    oops,
    did I just say that?

sorry, it's just that I'm pms,
    oh, what hormones can do to recently chopped up boobage,
    my boobs are swollen beyond recognition...
    as in, is that a nipple, gee, what's it doin over there? hmmm....

I have an infection and am on the antibiotic from ****...Tequin.
    and I'm itchy and if I scratch it hurts and it will make the infection worse
    and boo-hoo, boo-hoo, boo-hoo...

okay, that's me feeling sorry for myself...
    this too shall pass.
    um, and so
    Yes, Amy there is another challenge.
    (did you get the "yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus" reference I was going for...
    because holidays are approaching, perfect time for ANOTHER CHALLENGE,
    but, first things first, it ain't Halloween yet, even in Canada.

love, Soozie
  • and I promise that I will post before and after photos,
    it's just that I'm so swollen now!
    I want to get these babies back down to their
    now normal C before we do a photo shoot.

right now one's a D
    and the other is
    a double D plus...ugh!!!
    Like this Ro,
    oO
    love,
    SoOzie
  • Don't worry chicks I have a New Years Challenge in mind starting November 1st.....details to follow

I have done so-so on my Halloween challenge but I have managed to lose some poundage and change a few habits so that is good too.
  • I can't WAIT, Mauvais! I've been eating so much junk lately that I'm anxious to start afresh. (geez, I think I just jinxed myself...)

Soozie, I hope you even up soon, hon. Sounds pretty damned unsightly. Get lots of rest and drink lots of water.
  • I'm with you Ellis. I keep telling myself that this week is the last of it. In Novemeber I WILL get serious about this.
  • So, ummm... I guess we'll really be chowing down for the next few days, huh?
  • I am soooo very close to my Halloween goal.... 3 freakin more pounds to go...fingers crossed.

Bravo to us all that keep working at it. We are a work in progress. And worth all the hard work

Mauvais, Can't wait for the next challenge.

Soozie take care :
  • Hehehehe, thanks Sooz. U R 2 cool. Sorry about the itchy infection. Hope you heal up soon Thanks mauvaisroux. A New Years Challenge sounds great! I was so shocked last night. I haven't done my YMCA exercise for 2 weeks (but I did keep my lunch walking schedule) and I finally went last night. I stepped on the scale and loe and behold, I haven't gained! I'm still under 200! I mean I think I gained 1 pound since the 13th but I was a very naughy girl that whole week and I've been eatin' like a heffer ever since! So I'd say thats not too bad for what I've been doing lately. Not that I'm condoning my behavior, I'm just thrilled that I'm not over 200! And I survived my 1st class back! I'm ready for step aerobics tonight. Have a good week chickies.
  • Hi y`all

Soozie - I`m sorry to hear you are having health problems. Hang in there girl. We are here for you!

Well, I did my WW weigh-in last night and I lost 2 lbs. Do you think I can make my goal of 4 by Halloween? (Well, actually the Monday after since that is when I weigh-in.) I`m gonna try. Although I had a little eating frenzy last night after the weigh-in. Ooops.

Shoequeen - congrats on the not-gaining. That`s always a success too. See my diatribe a few posts ago. *LOL*

Gotta run chicks. Keep up the good work everyone!

And Mauvais - thanks for keeping us on track girl.

Ciao all
  • Soozie-I look like oO ALL the time!!!!! Sorry to hear you have an infection sweetie. But your boobies will be beautiful when this is all over with!!!!

HEY!! I'm starting Nov. 1 also!!!! I am HORRIBLY off the wagon, and am trying to figure out what the heck is going on with me. Went to the Doc. today, and she thinks it is my meds (probably right) so i will be seeing the shrinkiatrist next week. MEANWHILE I found out i am "pre diabetic" so the future is NOW. I kept on thinking if I didn't deal with this "one day" I'd have health problems. This is more specific than i really care to deal with, but still at a manageable phase. In other words, if I don't deal with this i am EVEN crazier than we all knew!!! I have been feeling like I'm wading through quicksand lately; it is hard to get myself to DO anything, and if I do it wears me out.... hope to get it worked out SOON!!!
  • Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your good wishes.

How'd I do it?
    Well, I did Phase I of South Beach
    I'm a pig for bread so it was difficult, but I survived it.
    It's true, the bread cravings are not like they used to be.
    I began Phase 2 thinking how great it would be to have bread and pasta etc.
    Although I'm having some bread I am making better choices in the food I am eating and trying to avoid the bad carbs.
    Also, I drink coffee and during the Phase I portion I gave up cream and switched to Coffee Mate.
    Once I realized I didn't like coffee mate and it was not available at most meetings I have to attend, I started drinking coffee black so giving up all the cream probably helped too.

I wish I could say I have started an exercise program, but I haven't. Been thinking of Pilates but so far only dreaming I'm doing it.

Motivation for a New Years Challenge for me is a week booked in Puerto Plata in January. I can hardly wait.

Hope to be able to spend more time here reading posts and keeping up on the news.

Once again, thanks for all your help and encouragement.

take care
  • I'm going to have to make my own personal Thanksgiving challenge: see if I can stay UNDER a five-pound GAIN.

I'll be sure to post my brags about what I DIDN'T eat. Of course, being Vegan this T-Day will help a LOT. (no gravy, no real butter, no whipped cream...)

Peace and pigginess,
    ~VOW