Leek - Is not in the select vegetables anymore?!!

• Hello,

When I did IP the first time around in 2011, leek was in the select vegetables list and now I see that it is not!!!

Anyone care to explain if this is not permitted on IP anymore or was it just a mistake that they missed putting it there in the new sheet?

I used to rely on leeks to replace everything that needed cooked onions, and I just made a leek soup today, I substituted potatoes with cauliflowers.

Please, someone help me, if anyone know or if anyone can ask their coach if we can still use leek as a select vegetable or not.

Waiting for your replies.

Thank you.
  • Quote: Hello,

When I did IP the first time around in 2011, leek was in the select vegetables list and now I see that it is not!!!

Anyone care to explain if this is not permitted on IP anymore or was it just a mistake that they missed putting it there in the new sheet?

I used to rely on leeks to replace everything that needed cooked onions, and I just made a leek soup today, I substituted potatoes with cauliflowers.

Please, someone help me, if anyone know or if anyone can ask their coach if we can still use leek as a select vegetable or not.

Waiting for your replies.

Thank you.
    They are no longer allowed. They have been off the sheet for several years. Green onions may be heated.
  • Oh Too bad! Well... I made my soup and I'll eat it, but from now on I wouldn't buy leeks while on this diet.