Almost 3 years post op!

• Hello!

My 3 year surgiversary is coming up on 11/27. I can't believe how fast these past couple years have gone by. It feels like I had surgery yesterday.

My starting weight was 256 - LW 136 and now I've been holding steady between 150-155 for the last year. I workout a LOT and just ran my 8th half marathon!

I'm having an issue with portion control. The first year was awesome because I had so much restriction. Now it feels like I have very little. Do those of you who are a few years out feel the same? I just want to make sure this is normal.

Also, I've tried to stick to a LC way of eating but end up binge eating on all kinds of slider foods. Losing is the easy part, it's maintenance that's difficult! I'm back to yo-yoing from one plan to the next instead of staying LC.
  • Yes it is very difficult to maintain. I got down to 147, which was too skinny for my 5' 10" frame. 165-170 is perfect for me. I am almost 10 years out. I gained up to 223, now I am down to 188, trying to get back to 170. It is always a struggle. Thank God when things don't agree with me or I eat too much, I still puke. Not often but now and again. Portion control and eating more protein than anything is the key.