#299: Bale of Turtles Readying for the Holidays

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • checking in today.
    Food good, but I have "pullings" today, so it will be good to get out this afternoon.
    Judy
  • Girl Scout cookies....they are EVERYWHERE!!! But I have been strong. Even told the neighbor girls that I bought at the office....huh, I don't have an office job but they are 8 & 10 and I don't think they will put that little white lie together. I just don't want those cookies in the house because I will inhale them!!!!

I'm glad posting each day is helping both of you too because it really helps me. I'm at the top of my food today, at 26 points....but still legal, and I want a snack so bad but just knowing I had to report is helping me leave the pantry alone. Thank you !!!!! After I get finished posting this I'm going to go clean 3 big stalks of celery, put on my pajamas, grab my current novel (Westward Hearts by Melody Carlson) and tuck myself in for the night. That celery at bedtime has been really taking care of my "crunchy" desires.

Judy....good job with that treadmill....I'm soooooo jealous but you go girl!!!!

Gail......
  • Karen, you go girl! Crunching on celery is a very good idea!
    Judy
  • Had my WI today and lost a smidge....................but since the summer I've lost 8.4# and at least I'm heading in the right direction.
    Made a chicken salad with Greek yogurt instead of lite mayo and thought it tasted better. Also had super crunchy celery to add to it, so I was happy with that. Had a "fake" pizza for dinner with a large salad on the side.

Talk tomorrow. Have a great day. Chime in when you can. Walked on the boardwalk at the beach today. Heavenly....
    Judy
  • Oh my gosh....it has been a couple days since I posted and I have been a naughty girl, not counting my points like I should. We got 14 inches of snow on Friday and Saturday. All I wanted was hot chocolate and comfort food. Plus the husband was home and wanted pizza...the real stuff, not a fake pizza, so I had pizza, and well, things sort of went down hill from there. Had a library committee meeting Saturday afternoon and one of the ladies brought donuts....yep, had one. I don't have a clue what to write for those points.

So here I sit with a heaping plate of zero and 1 point vegetables with a slight covering of cheddar cheese for my supper and am catching up with you all. Actually, today hasn't been that bad for eating but I have not recorded so I'm not sure what the points are. So in the morning I'll get back on the "counting train" and see if I can't get this train back on the track.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....and I was doing so well.

Judy, where do you live that you can walk on the boardwalk. I love warm weather!!! I'm so jealous and sooooooo ready for spring to come in the northern states.

You know, I've tried that greek yoghert stuff and think it tastes terrible. What do you do to make it taste good? And how do you make your fake pizza and how many points?
  • My fake pizza is a 1 SP pita (joseph's flax style), 1 point for tomato sauce, 1-2points for mozzarella shreds and less than a point for parm, grated. I don't think it tastes anything like a real pizza, but I think of it as a toasted Italian style cheese sandwich and I like it a lot. I will also put peppers and onions on top and even a chicken Italian style sausage sliced thin as a change of pace. If I load it up like that, it works for me with a side salad for dinner.

I live on Long Island, NY. We are surrounded by water, the ocean to the south and the sound to the north. At this time of year I can walk on the boardwalk at the sound. Really gorgeous and some times I am much too lazy to get out there, but when I do get out into the fresh air I wonder why I don't do that all the time.

Still Karen, don't worry about the snow/comfort food/change of pace. We all go thru it. I did very much the same thing and my scale shows it, but I'm back on track today and will keep on keepin' on.

Gail, how are you doing? Hope all goes well with you.

Gals, I am going to start a new thread since we have gotten very long. Look for us at #300 Bale of Turtles Looking Forward to Spring. See you there.
    Judy