September 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 6 of 35
Go to
  • Did my Pilates class again today ... thankfully, all the soreness from last Tuesday & Thursday has gone, so I didn't find it 'too' difficult today! Legs are feeling a bit wobbly now though!

merowi2 and Coolmum75 ~ Hi I don't think we've met ... nice to 'meet' you both!

Chunkahlunkah ~ Hope reducing the carbs helps! Funnily enough, I was just speaking with my dad, who's trying to lose some weight. Last week, he said that he couldn't fasten his jeans properly and they were very uncomfortable. He doesn't calorie count, or anything like that, and he doesn't eat particularly healthily (although he thinks he does - I think it's a generation thing!), and I'm trying to lead him in the right direction to eat healthier food, so he's getting better. This past week he's cut out bread, and can now fasten his jeans again, even though he has had no weight loss. I swear it's the bad carbs ... some of them can be evil!

Golda ~ Donuts! ... What was I just saying about evil carbs?!Why do they have to taste so good!

Phae1963 ~ Welcome You've come to a great place to get support. I find it really helps me to post my daily food as it makes me feel more accountable and leads me to making better choices. Good luck with your weight loss!

Sassypants75 ~ Sounds like you're going to have a great start to this coming weekend! Have lots of fun!

Zoniegirl ~ 3lbs down since the 1st Sept - that's fantastic! You'll easily reach your monthly goal by 1st Oct!

FYML
    ~ So you've not had a great start, but it's only 6th September ... you have plenty of time to change it around and make it good month! You CAN do it!

Diana ~ Good for you moving out of your comfort zone and making new friends. Moving away from the UK to go and live in a completely different country, I found it difficult to get into new social circles ... I'm not the most confident of people and find it hard in social situations to strike up converstaions. So I know how hard it can be to make friends. Well done to you ... I hope you continue to have lots of gatherings with your new friends and start to enjoy their company, and have fun!

flower123 ~ Glad to hear there are 3 of us who have never watched DA ... We could start a club!

Today's Food ...

Breakfast ~ Porridge Oats made with Almond Milk, with Sliced Banana, Cinnamon and drizzle of Coconut Milk
    Lunch ~ Mixed Green Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Crumbled Feta and Mackerel, Olive Oil & Balsamic
    Dinner ~ Stir Fry with Minced Pork, Eggplant, Spring Onion, Garlic, Red Chili, Cashew Nuts, served with Wild Rice
    Snack ~ Slice of Banana Bread made with Quinoa Flour ... Wouldn't recommend it!
  • I'm about 2 pounds away from escaping an obsese bmi. I'm at the same weight as yesterday, 150.5. My lowish carb goal did not happen yesterday. At least I got in my other goal, more water.

I'm really sleepy, stayed up way too late last night. Gotta buckle down now and do hw all day.

I hope you all enjoy your day. Keep fighting the good fight!

Phae - I'm glad you're here!

Diana - That's wonderful that you've been having a good time with your new friends. They're blessed to know you too!

flower - Thanks, I hope it comes off soon too! It's kinda funny how different only a pound or two can feel. I don't know if there's a psychological component bc of being in a different decade, but I really do feel much more comfortable below 150.

Nichola - Ah, to lose weight like a man. That would be grand. Yes, carbs sure can be nasty little evil things! I mean, I'm all for fruit and veg but even those don't suit my body if I have too many. That's fantastic that last week's Pilates soreness is gone.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
    This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
    Weigh In: 174
    Up: 2.8 pounds

We ate late last night, so I'm sure that's one of the reasons the gain was so significant.

Have a great day!
  • Diana - So glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you are still having a good time with the church ladies, and that's awesome. Weigh in was so so. I'm down from 2 weeks ago, but that was my weird high point, so I'm still up from my low of last week. Sitting at 219. Pretty much been eating at maintenance over the weekend, so maybe once I get back down to cutting I'll see movement.

Chunkahlunkah - That water weight is annoying, but at least we know what it is.

Opine -

Zoniegirl - Great job on transitioning to "normal" food. You might see a bit of a stall just from the change in diet, but I think you'll be happier overall. Good luck! As for my workout, it's probably more like 600 if you take out what I would have burned just being alive, but yeah, 90 minutes of heavy lifting will rack up the calories.

Nichola - A doing nothing weekend is my favorite kind. Nice job on your eating plan too.

FYML - Your consistency is amazing to me. You must be strong as heck. I'm sure you'll be a great mentor to your cousin.

merowi2 - I'm glad everyone is healthy now, and that you had a restful weekend.

Golda - Isn't that always the way it goes with sweets? If you have one, it's almost like your willpower just gives up, and then you have extras. Stupid sugar! But back on the wagon we go!

Phae - This is just the place for you. Congrats on your loss so far.

Sassypants - Sounds like a great boss. Enjoy your getaway!

CoolMom - Sorry about your mom, but glad she is doing well now. Don't worry about your past performance, just look forward. You can do it!

Well, I better get back to work. It is hard to adjust back into my job after 4 days off.
  • Well, I did not end up sticking to plan, but I had a great time and got a bunch of exercise. I did not track calories, but didn't think I was too crazy. I lost all of my progress from last week, but I think it will fall back off easily now that I am drinking a lot of water again and eating clean.

9/4:
    Weight: DNW
    Calories: ??
    Exercise: 30 mins interval work on treadmill & 19,787 steps

9/5:
    Weight: DNW
    Calories: ??
    Exercise: 9,182 steps

Diana - I'm glad you are making some girlfriends. They are a necessity for me! My husband is great but he doesn't want to talk about all of the girly things I like!
  • Thanks for the nice comments! And welcome to all the new folks.

Oh boy, my phone has the sight in mobile view and I can't scroll up. Diana, my pup only has done the flea nipping thing on me. lol as long as he's not tearing stuff up, right?
  • Finally!

Some of you may have read me discussing the fatigue I've been dealing with for a couple of months, brought on by anemia. I was diagnosed back in July. At the time, my dr told me it would probably take me two months before I started to feel better.

I've tried not to mention it too much b/c I felt like a broken record but the truth is it was pretty tough! I usually only had a couple hours of energy a day. My absolute max was 4 hours. I couldn't keep my eyes open and slept a ton.

Well, yesterday was my first day since July that I didn't need a nap. And today I've been up since 6ish (it's 5:30 pm now), no nap, still have energy, AND I was just able to do some brief exercise for about 5-10 minutes. Other than basic living, that's the most exercise I've been able to do since July! I am so happy!! And it looks like my dr is a phenomenal prognosticator!

I don't expect it to be clear sailing from here. I'm probably still gonna need to go to bed at like 7 tonight but the past two days have been a DRAMATIC improvement. The scale must've finally tipped to an iron level where my body can function. I was disappointed last month when, after a month on supplements and gorging on red meat, my iron levels didn't show an improvement. I know that my next blood test will show one though.

Anyway, just wanted to share because it feels sooooo good to no longer be in a coma with brief moments of wakefulness. I've even started thinking about taking up running again but realistically that's a while out. I haven't done any running since two years ago before I gained weight. One step at a time. Just feels really good to finally be feeling progress.

Oh, and if anyone else has iron deficiency anemia or knows someone who does, I highly recommend Ferrous Gluconate for the iron supplement. It's the best absorbed of iron supplements and far less likely to cause gastrointestinal distress. It doesn't bother my stomach at all.
  • Hi Everyone!

The ladies get together was fun tonight. I ate foods different than I normally do. But I felt it was my obligation to stay in line and eat in moderation. I did this as much for them as I did for me. The focus of the meeting was healthy eating. I took in my picture from when I weighed 400 pounds, workout videos, Daily Devotions for Dieters, etc. I felt I should set a good example. It was very empowering. I feel the same way here. Of course I will have an off plan meal, etc. but it helps that I feel I should set a good example for other people. Everyone being here helps me want to stay accountable, too. They must have liked the shrimp salad boats because they were all gone.

Anyways, I want to thank everyone for being here for me. You are here for my weight loss accountability as well as the daily support that I need during any tough times I might have.

Love and hugs all around!

This will be a quick one for me since it's getting late.

Total Approx 1495 calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
    Organic Valley Vanilla Shake fuel 260 calories
    coffee w/cream, sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (395 Calories)

Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Greek Yogurt 120 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700)

ladies dinner (700 or less)

Exercise:
    KCM's Lean Body Circuits - combined workouts, no upper w/15's
  • September 6th
    Today was on point, kinda... lol My eating was clean and healthy for a total of 1,008 calories. I got in 13,000+ steps and I got in a short workout on the treadmill (20 mins). The workout was disappointed as it should have been upper body plus 20 mins on the treadmill but I had to work 30 mins late and had a baseball game so I got in what I could! A short workout is better than no workout after all! Tomorrow I will do upper body and push leg day to Thursday as Thursdays is normally my treadmill day.
  • Just popping in to say ... "HOWDY"

I'm still around. Haven't read any posts for weeks, I'd have to go back to August, and we're already on page 3 here... Don't think it's going to happen.

Was away, with family (AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!) from Thursday thru Monday. Need to re-assess that before I do it in the future.

I somewhat threw caution to the wind when it came to eating - but, getting back into the groove today.

I'm not going to be able to check in as often as I'd like for the month of September, but should be back on track beginning in October.

I'm also going to try something different - with SB you are not supposed to have to calorie count or weigh food. I've been doing both since March - I'm going to attempt to eat straight SB and not weigh or count calories. I'm tired, not of eating well -- I couldn't wait to get back to that - but of jumping hoops! I just don't have the time presently.

I have 2 weeks to prepare to head out of WI -- to VA, then FL. I have just too much to accomplish before then... and, I'm feeling really pressured like I'm leaving tomorrow! Additionally, I'm getting apprehensive about the trip ... but, I'm going to forge ahead and stick to the plans.

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all, and I miss hearing/reading how you are all doing.

Please, know I think of you often - and I will be back more regularly, very soon (I hope!)

HUGS
    ~Gail

• Good morning all!

We've been having some internet issues, lots of disconnects, they came yesterday and did some tests, gave us a new modem, it happened a couple times after they left but not for long. Price you pay for living in the woods I guess.

Things are going good here. Hope all is well with you chicks. Sounds like some great mentoring, busier for some and less busy for others and some new faces to welcome.i stayed out of the 190s again this weekend, so thrilled about that with the holiday and all. Supposed to be 90 tomorrow, looking forward to fall.

Better get moving here, work awaits, my boss is off this week so a teeny bit less stress, he's a good boss, but it's always a little easier when he's not there

Hope everyone has a great day
  • Hi Everyone!

Had a busy day, so just quickly accounting for today's food ...

Breakfast ~ Overnight Oats made with Almond Milk, Grated Apple and Cinnamon
    Lunch~ Homemade Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup
    Snack ~ Quinoa Banana Bread ... still wouldn't recommend it!Lol
    Dinner ~ Moroccan Lamb served with Couscous

Hope everyone is doing well ... I'll catch-up tomorrow!
  • 9/6:
    Weight: 147
    Calories: 1300
    Exercise: OrangeTheory & 10,663 steps

Today I should be able to stay on plan. I am finding it hard to stick to 1200 calories, but i'm keeping my carbs low. I'm eating too late at night - I have class from 5:30-9 pm and am usually hungry when I get home. I need to start taking a snack to class instead...
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
    This Morning: Oxycise In the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
    Weigh In: 172
    Down: 2 pounds

Have a great day!
  • Ugh! I can't seem to get a grip on my eating at all! I had everything planned out perfectly for yesterday, even had a bit of a cushion planned in, just to be safe...then the whole day went pear shaped and I ended up eating way more again. I don't really want to go back to low carb, because my workouts have been so much better since, and I've not been as tired, but this is getting ridiculous. I'll try again today. On a happier note, I totally smashed my workout last night.

Plan for today.

Breakfast: 2 scoop protein shake & 1 banana - 341 calories
    Lunch: Taco Soup (no tortilla chips) - 550 calories
    Dinner: Egg & sausage burrito - 415 calories
    Snack: 1 banana, 2 tblsp peanut butter - 311 calories
    TOTALS: 1617 calories, Carbs 35%, Fat 36%, Protein 29%

DAILY MACRO GOALS: 1750 calories, Carbs 35%, Fat 35%, Protein 30%