Im new, starting Mon 1 Aug, going to walk 10000 steps a day and just eat little less.

• Hi everyone,
    I just signed up. I am actually starting on Monday, 1 Aug. (Beginning of the week and beginning of the month, sounds like a good time to start). I weigh 73kg and need to come down to lose 16kg (goal: 57kg) before Dec. I am going to try it by just eating a little bit less and making sure I walk 10000 steps a day (minimum). I bought a step counter a few days ago (Pedometer) and I tested it. It takes quite a bit of effort to walk 10000 steps a day, so I am sure this will work. It will be interesting to see if it works and how effective it will be to lose weight this way. I am not good with diets, so I dont want to change my dietplan too much. I am still going to enjoy my pizza slice for lunch, but will just eat smaller portions, especially at night. Are there any other people out there that is trying to lose weight this way? You are welcome to let me know how you are doing and we can motivate each other.
    Regards
    10000steps
  • to 3FC, 10000steps! Happy to have you here in the neighborhood and as part of our family. We are are a very supportive bunch and I encourage you to explore the site, be part of a challenge if that's your thing, and just hang around. I think 10,000 steps and eating a little less is a very reasonable plan and place to start.

Good luck!

Tags

10000, 10000steps, pedometer, steps, walking