The Writing Diet by Julia Cameron

• Has anyone read it? I'm currently reading it and so far I really like it
  • I'm a big fan of the "morning pages" concept, though I rarely make the time to do it. When I've actually sat down and written, it's been a pretty eye-opening experience and definitely helpful to my approach to daily stress. I can easily see how the benefits extend to overeating and weight loss/management as emotions can then have an alternate outlet.
  • Quote: I'm a big fan of the "morning pages" concept, though I rarely make the time to do it. When I've actually sat down and written, it's been a pretty eye-opening experience and definitely helpful to my approach to daily stress. I can easily see how the benefits extend to overeating and weight loss/management as emotions can then have an alternate outlet.
    Definitely. I do morning pages pretty much every morning (with the exception of weekends.) I set my alarm early before work

• I have only read a little of the book and only journaled one or two times. I know it would help me with all that I'm dealing with at this time.

• Quote:

I have only read a little of the book and only journaled one or two times. I know it would help me with all that I'm dealing with at this time.

I've begun a morning routine of going outside with my coffee, enjoying the quiet, and doing my morning pages. I'm associating with things I enjoy and it helps a great deal.