9.52%
Usually til the scale shocks me into submission-no set time frame
9.52%
Me? I NEVER Cheat!
0%
Other (care to explain ?)
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY MORNING everyone!

I don't have but a second and just wanted to stop in and say hello. Will try my best to get some time on the computer later today.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
  • Good Morning All

Thought I'd better check in for WIW. I've had a lot of running around this week including some babysitting so have not had much time to get on board. I am down a pound from last week to 191.5 which is half a pound less than my lowest of a few weeks ago. Hope I can break the nineties barrier soon.

These are the carbs that I had a couple of days ago. Haven't yet figured it out for yesterday:

Carbs:

Oatbran - 16 grms
    Milk - 10 grms
    Cream - 6 grms
    Peas - 14 grms
    Mixed veggies - 7 grms
    Peas and cottage cheese (curried packaged meal)) - 14 grms
    Mixed berries - 11 gms
    Brown basmati - 35 grms
    Nectarine - 16 grms
    Plum - 9 grms

Total 138 grm

CountryMom - I know what it is like to be stalled for such a long time but I second what Jack-K said that it could be because you are not eating enough. Are you journalling? I was stalled for about 18 months until I took Debbies advice and checked out the site that figures out how many calories I should be taking in for my height and activity etc. I then started using FitDay again and made sure I got in the calories that were suggested (at the same time I was restricting my starchy carbs but taking in a lot of ther carbs.) Anyway after a couple of weeks of this I started to lose again. Very slowly but it is coming off. It's taken me a couple of months to lose about nine pounds but it is slowly coming off. As long as I take in enough calories by dinner time I find that most days I don't even need to snack in the evening. Hope you can figure out something that will work for you.

Deb - I must say that I have never known anyone not to be welcomed on this board - and I have been around for almost three years.

Angehaley - When my ds got his new electronic scale and I started using it I was disappointed to see that I was 5.5 pounds heavier than on my old mechanical scale. I started off by deducting that amount each time I weighed but that got cumbersome so I ended up accepting the new weight but upped my starting weight so no matter what scale I was using I new how much I had lost since starting sb. It took a while to accept those higher figures but what will be will be.

Pussywill - I answered your question about the cheesecake on the other board but will post it here as well in case you don't see it over there. "The HONEY LEMON CHEESECAKE recipe is on the Jan/Feb/March 2003 RECIPE BOARD. I've just brought it to the top of the RECIPES page so you should be able to find it now. If you want to see other recipes go to the SB Recipes page, scroll to the bottom of the page to where it says "Showing threads 1- 10" etc and click on the right hand column and choose "beginning" and you will see several more recipe boards from previous years.

I think it is ok to have this for a treat when you are just starting on SB as long as you watch the portions - which can be hard to do. My reason for not baking or making desserts too often. I just don't have the willpower not to eat too much.."

Heartmom - They were great pics of you and Ashley and Boogie.

BOB - I think I will be moving in to the Holiday Inn with you when the time comes. . Have a safe trip.

Teensybean - Which pizza crust recipe did you use. I know there are several on our recipe boards.

Fruitloupe - Hope you begin to feel better when taking the Zoloft. I checked my drug book and although it doesn't mention weight gain it does say that one of the UNCOMMON side effects is increased appetite.

I wish everyone a good WIW. Hello to Jack-K, Monet, Toni, Beachfan, Pancho, Quilter, Sef, Libra, Woodfrogs. Hope I haven't missed anyone. Time to go and get breakfast and jump in the shower. Have to get out to do a bit of grocery shopping. I want to make some ww oatmeal bread so that I have something legal to take to work with me next week.

Gotta run.

Marie.
  • Happy WIW.

Hope the scale is good to everyone today. I'm weighing, just not telling. Working on it though.

Got in a total of 5 miles yesterday and 40 minutes of wt training and floor exercises. All that exercise doesn't leae much time for anything else. I have a ton of ironing to do but to tired at night to get it done. Guess I will do it piece by piece.

Was going to walk this morning, but I didn't even hear DH's alarm and didn't wake up until he left. Then it's too late to go. Will get it in tonight.

Angehaley, Glad you got a new scale, but that is a bummer on weighing more on it.

Monet, Can you talk to your boss and get your schedule changed? Men! It is so nice that your friend has you to guide her along. I'm sure she will do great with your help and it will probably help keep you on track as well.

Teensy, glad you enjoyed your pizza. 2 pieces aren't that bad. Did you make it in a bread machine or by hand? Hope yourkitty does ok. I like shredded zuchinni in my salad. Yum!

Beach, hope your DH feels better soon. Mine is never sick either. Hope you get out of your funk.

Heartmom, The kids are precious. Ashley looks like she is ready to conquer the world or at least the school. Your's is great too. Have always said how pretty you are and I love your hair.

Bob, I believe Krystle burgers are like white castles, Poor Skeeter, If he gets over his problem, those will surely do him in. I love them too. Can you believe my coworker has never had one.

Fruit, I saw a commercial for Zoloft last night and it mentioned side effects of drowsiness, constipation. The normal things. Maybe they onlu list the common things on TV.

Rosalie, Congrats on your loss. You will be out of those 90's soon I know it.

Congrats to all the losers today, and the rest of us, we just need to persevere.

Jackie
  • ANGRY -
    I am so angry right now.. I will post my wiw # and get off site for now.....
    I HAD A HUGE POST (BEEN ON COMPUTER FOR 45MIN GETTING UPDATED..AND REPLYING....IN WORD) NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED BUT GOT A LITTLE AHEAD OF MYSELF IN TYPING... AND HIT SOME BUTTON AND CLOSED OUT WORD WITHOUT THE DOCUMENT SAVING............... ARG............................................... ...........! Have no idea why it didn't ask if I wanted to save or not... IT JUST CLOSED OOUT... NO WHERE TO BE FOUND...!!!

So, once again today... I am thinking I sould have listened to my hubby about a new scale....
    I weighed in at 155.2
    I was 154.4 y-day..........
    Now I am gonna become obsessed with it now....!
    DH was also up 4 lb from other scale.....????

oh well..
    Hope you all are doing welll....

will talk at you later when not so upset....
    ange.
  • Good morning, ladies.

Deb - I posted on the other site to the unhappy poster. I understand where she is coming from. It is hard to join an established group. However, as I told her, all of you have been wonderful about welcoming and encouraging me. It takes time to create a close connection and friendships. It's been hard for me to take steps to work on these things, but the problem has been with me, not the group. This is something I work on constantly. It goes a long way back to feeling like no one could possibly want to be friends with me. I could write a book on low self-esteem, but there are plenty of them out there already.

Anyway, thanks everyone for being so warm and welcoming. I'm feeling pretty good about his bunch after only a two week history of being here. You're a great group!

T-bean - I loved your comment to Toni about her WI of over 800 lbs! That will be the magical weight loss I've always dreamed of - going to bed fat and waking up thin!

WIW - I regained a pound, but I know what I did wrong. Oh, well, another day, another opportunity to be healthy.

Marilyn
  • Almost a week
    Good Morning Everyone!

It's been almost a week since I came to the boards...This has been for a couple of reasons. One my schedule has continued to be crazy and will probably continue to be for sometime now. But the second and more prominent one is b/c I've been doing some soul searching about my eating. I am feeling really confused about what to do, to be honest. I really love you all, and the support here has been wonderful, but I have been feeling really disappointed by my weight loss since I started this WOE. I thought it would be like ATkins was for me 6 years ago "easy, a no brainer" but it hasn't been. And I worry about the feasabilty of this working for me, especially once I start internship. I am not going to have a lot of time to come here and get support and I find finding SB legal food a real challenge at times (esp when I'm running and don't have time to prepare stuff myself). So I've been trying to decide what to do. I have been eating fine and tracking everything, I guess I just feel guilty coming here and asking for support when I've feeling unsure about SB working for me. I don't want anyone to think I'm dumping on or down talking SB, I'm just not sure if it is right for me. So that's why I've been staying away.

I've been thinking about trying WW (again) and incorporating a lot of what I've learned from SB and all of you, but I think that if I do WW I would have to be less SB strict b/c trying to follow both "totally" would probably make me insane with everything else that is on my plate. (just too much to keep track of)

Anyway, I didn't want you all to think I had just fallen off the planet or that something was seriously wrong. I've just been trying to figure this all out.

If anyone has advice to share I welcome it as always.

Thank you!
    Steph
  • Good Wednesday Morning:

TOM arrived; Yuck!! I did weigh in this morning at 125.5 (that's 1 - 1.5 up from last week), but will take it. I did get to the gym early this morning and did 5 minutes on eliptical, 30 minutes on treadmill & did upper body workout on circuit and free weights.

Well, I'm not sure what to say about the nutritionist. I probably already knew most of what he told me. He was also big into macrobiotic diet (I think that is what it is called)...basically vegetarian with poultry & fish. I can't do that, and won't. He said that my diet looks really good and that I really didn't need to add too much for supplementation. He pretty much said I could go off the current supplements, and just take coq10, B complex, flax seed oil, calcium w/ mag., digestive enzymes, a green food supplement called Perfect Food. I, of course, will research everything and decide myself if I should/want to take it. He did tell me that Metamucil is harsh on the system, and flax seed oil or psyllum husks are the best for bulking agents. So...not sure that it was worth the money for someone to tell me that I eat well, which I know I do now that I am on SB, and to give me a little info. on a few more supplements. I think it all boils down to their personal beliefs -vs- what works best for the individual.

Anyway, my daughter did well on her first day of Kindergarten, and I did better than expected! I teared up a little, but got over it when I left. She is so outgoing and social that I knew she would do great. She talked about her day all the way home. We stopped at Wal-Mart to get her a lunchbox, and they were clearing them out already; they were marked $2. I got her two, that way they will make it through the year. Last year, one got all sticky and the zipper broke halfway through the year.

Boom: Welcome to SB. The Pretty Impressive Stuff site that was mentioned is probably your very best source of info. If you have any questions, come on over, and ask away.

angehaley: Glad you got a new scale; it made all the difference to me. Mine only does .5 increments, which is better than trying to read what the little needle said on my old one. You will fluctuate a tad from time to time; try not to get too obsessed (like I'm one to talk; I have to make sure I've emptied my bladder and don't have anything extra on my body when I weigh in first thing in the a.m.). AND, I try never to weigh later in the day, as I can sometimes be 3 pounds heavier.

Monet: I am sure you will be a great source of inspiration to your co-worker! It sounds as if she is really going to make it work.

Teensy: Hope your cat has a speedy recovery, and the introductions go well. I found the recipe for the zucchini bread in the recipe section (I think under cakes). I believe it is called a zucchini loaf cake, and it is delicious! Glad to hear the pizza crust turned out so well; I will have to try it.

heartmom: Your kids are precious, and it is so nice to put a face with a name!

BOB: Have fun; we will look forward to hearing from you.

fruit: Good luck with the zoloft.

Everyone have a great day!!! I am going to the mall when DD is in school to make some returns. I have a pair of pants to take back to Old Navy and a pair of shorts to take to Lerner NY; one size I am getting a smaller pair, and one a larger pair (go figure)!

I hope to check in later!!
  • WOW....I JUST NOTICED I'M A SENIOR MEMBER; WHEN/HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???

• PANCHO: When you hit 100 posts!
  • Good morning everyone!! I was so excited to get out and take care of our kitty, that I forgot to weigh until after I had had my coffee and fruit, so I will do my weigh in tomorrow.

Kitty is fine, and back to her snobbish self. Yesterday while she was still under the pain meds she was all lovey dovey. NOT TODAY!! And she has already lost her pretty pink collar with the bell! Oh well...... she looked nice while it lasted, lol.

Toni-- Don't you just love having someone mess with your hair? I love going to get mine done. I think the tiredness could be the sugars and such leaving your body. Hope that is all it is anyway. Give it a few days and you will probably get a real burst of energy!

Rosalie-- Congrats on the loss...... new low!! How wonderful!! I will check the board and see which one I used.

Jack-k-- I made the crust by hand. It was so good. I am going to have leftovers for lunch. But I am going to only have 1 piece. Will let Bill have the rest. The kitty is back to her normal self this morning....and she has already lost her pretty pink collar!!

Ange-- TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!

Libra-- I hope you are over that feeling......we definitely want you to be here, and to be our friend. Each and everyone of us has something to contribute to this board, and that is what (in my opinion) makes it so successful!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all do that, wake up thin!!

Bashful-- I am a convert from Protein Power.....if Atkins was easy for you, this should be a snap!! Take what you ate on Atkins, and add a few more healthy vegetables, or a couple of different fruits, add a slice of whole grain bread, and you have SBer's! It really is a no brainer!! You don't have to make it complicated, KISS (keep it simple sweetie) Many people have great success with WW. My best friend got me started on the low carb woe, but couldn't stick to it herself. She joined WW has has lost over 45 pounds now. We just have to do what we feel is right for us. I wish you the best in what ever you decide to do. We are all for you taking care of and being healthy, no matter which way you get there!!

Pancho-- Sorry you were disappointed in the nutritionalist. Yes, we do eat very healthy don't we. I just love it!!
  • Well, I did it! I FINALLY lost for WIW It's probably been about a month. I'm around 182.5 which puts me at a 2.5 pound loss this week. Man, I was really getting discouraged. I looked at what I was eating and what I could change that might make me loose, since exercising and watching my starchy carbs alone weren't doing the trick. I realized that I was eating alot of protein which had alot of fat- like eating eggs and nsa bacon 3-4 times a week, or cheeseburgers(legal) for lunch,etc.. So I went back to eating my fruit in the morning and yogurt. Lunch this week has been salads(chef, garden, steak, tuna) with ranch dressing. Today I had a chef salad for lunch but still wasn't satisfied after eating it so I had a piece of toast(Nature's Own wheat n' fiber) with Smucker's peanut butter- that hit the spot. Later on I'm going to have a strawberry smoothie for my snack and supper tonight is going to be chili w/beans. All my clothes right now are loose on me- they have been for a couple of weeks, although the measuring tape says I haven't lost but about 2 inches total. I can wear SOME 14's, but the majority or too tight- I look like I'm going to bust at the seams Okay, I haven't done much with my life today other than return a rented movie and go get Joseph's meds. So I need to get off the computer and clean up and get my exercise in for the day( I skipped yesterday).

Teensy- the pizza sounds good. I wish I could make something like that- but don't know where to begin. Doesn't it take alot of time to make the dough? And don't beat yourself up! 2 slices of legal pizza? If it had been me it would have been 4!

Thanks for the compliments about the photos- BTW- do they show up blurry on ya'lls screen?
  • Rosalie-- the recipe I used is in the bread/cereal section, and was posted by Sheanne!! It was wonderful!
  • Just a quickie to catch up.

Ange, don't worry about that scale. The gain can be anything. Could be the wt of the food you last ate, hormones, water, etc. Try not to let it get you down. Sorry a bout losing the post, That is so frustrating. Happens to us all.

Libra, as long as you know what you did wrong and can fix it you are doing great. I would love to go to bed and wake up thin. Wouldn't we all. I'm glad you found us and we enjoy posting with you.

Bashful, we don't care which diet you follow. Everyone has to do what works for them. You are still welcome to come here when you can for support and friendship no matter what, Just pop in and say hi.

Pnacho, glad DD had a great afirst day. What a bargain on the lunchboxes. I was disappointed too with the info from the nutritionist. Was hoping for some exciting info. That is some strange vitamins to take.

Teensy, cats are strange animals. Can't believe she lost her collar already. Good advice to Bashful.

Heartmom, Congrats on the loss. that is great motivation for you to keep going. Good going on figuring out what was keeping you from losing.

Got to run.

have a great evening. Hope I don't melt tonight walking (or maybe I do) it is 9 here.

Jackie
  • WIW
    Disappointing second week!!! After a lose of 8lbs last week, this week I am up 1lb. I know it is because I havent stuck to the plan like I should. Also I honestly believe not logging on to this board regularly had alot to do with my straying from the plan. I started back to classes this week (I am one of those late bloomers. Going back for my degree in my 40's) and there just doesnt seem to be enough time each day to take care of everything on my list. I realize that I need the support from this board to keep on track, so I have to make the time to touch base with my fellow SBs.

Began SB 8/11/03
    274/267/200 first goal
  • TYS- you lost 8 pounds last week- that's a HUGE loss. Don't set your expectations too high. The first week or so, you'll probably lose the most. Then it will taper off to a slower pace. But keep with it and you'll see results. I've lost 87 pounds- but it's taken me 2 years. The good thing about a slow pace is you're less likely to put a bunch of it back on. I know several people that have lost alot of weight in the fraction of time it's taken me- but they are now heavier than I am and heavier than I've ever known them to be. Don't get discouraged- you might be up a pound this time- but next week you'll probably be back down again.

I just heard about the Chicago warehouse shooting- people are just going crazy nowadays.