Everything to lose

• I read through a lot of the posts here and I hesitated to introduce myself but I figured, "heck, what do I have to lose?". Of course the answer to that question is......"weight".

So, here I am!

I am 44 years old and have been marginally overweight most of my adult life. Well, more so after kids. I currently weight 186 pounds and have stayed at that weight for years and years. I think it's sort of my "set point" since I don't seem to go up or down from that weight if I just keep eating what I want without thinking about it. But since turning 40 the weight doesn't seem to "sit" as well on me now, if any of you 40-something women understand what I mean. Peri-menopause is not kind.

A few years ago I tried Paleo/primal and did lose a bit but it's a hard diet to stay on in today's world. But the one thing I DID benefit from on paleo was realizing I have a wheat/gluten intolerance. I had a host of symptoms before primal eating and they allllll went away when I dropped bread products. Every....single....one.

So, there, this is me.....a 44 year old 186 pound gluten-free gal looking to lose 16 pounds. If I could get down to 170 on my 5' 5" frame I think it would really benefit me. Small goals!
  • and congrats on recognizing your need and setting goals.
  • Hi missybb. Welcome. I understand the 40s.. been there,done that since I am now 63. Best wishes !