Carb-Sensitive Dieting (Thread 5)

You're on Page 14 of 28
Go to
  • Rain, rain, rain! Supposedly, it's here every day until next Saturday or Sunday. No cookout tonight with DD and BF. They were going to go kayaking close by and head to our plac afters, but it's a no go all the way around. DH and I did grill last night though. I hope everyone else's plans are still intact. We're going to a farmer friend's tomorrow, but they have giant canopies already set up.....200 peeps usually attend.

I thought the scale was going to punish me this morn, but alas, it was unchanged from yesterday. I sucked down 36 ounces of water before bed though to flush things through, and I walked a lot at the outlets. Lazy day inside today with the four-legged babies and hubster. Take care!

Yesterday ...
    Break - 3 slices bacon, 1-egg omelette
    Snack - 2 kiwis
    Lunch - grilled cheese
    Dinner - bacon cheeseburger, balsamic oven fries
    Snacks - lite beers
  • it's been raining a lot here. Trees have been uprooted, power outages, a mess. It rains so hard you can barely see while driving. Enjoy your lazy day. It's the same here with my daughter, just enjoying a lazy day
  • Lots of rain here in England too. For the first time in 61 years I'm trying to get into gardening, and have planted out some bulbs in long troughs. Although most of them are doing their best, their troughs keep filling up like paddy fields......

Happy 4th of July, all!
  • Rosinante, enjoy your gardening and hopefully the rain isn't too much for them.
  • Evening all! Hope everyone had a nice holiday. It rained before and after our friends' annual bash....so ended up being a good day. They had games for the kids, lots of food (I ate beforehand so I would stay OP), an antique parade/hayride, and lots of good conversation. Tonight, there are fireworks at one of the local parks that we can see from the back of our property I stayed within my calories but I didn't get a lot of activity in today. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain-free now, so I can catch up on the activity in the garden.

Keeping everyone's medical issues in my thoughts and sending everyone healing vibes.

Yesterday....
    Break - omelette, bacon
    Snack - strawberries
    Dinner - lemon/mushroom chicken over pasta

Today....
    Break - leftover chicken
    Snack - strawberries
    Lunch - leftover chicken
    Snack - popcorn, lite beer
    Dinner - two brats, one bun, garden salad

(Down 0.8 lbs for July)
  • It rained a bit on our 4th, but we got our cook-out in before the rain, and the fireworks after the rain. Not a total wash out.

Went to see the sleep doctor today and I have to go for another sleep study. I didn't want to, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. Ya know? DH isn't happy, but he will get over it. I think he will miss me. They don't allow sleepovers. LOL There is such a thing as a home study, but for what I need, I have to go to the lab.
  • Evening all! I hope we've all recovered from the holidays.

Rennie I didn't see any zoodles at TJ's today. They did have the frozen zucchini fries, but I passed. I like to do those myself. I did get some riced cauliflower to try when I make my bourbon chicken this weekend.

I also made some fried polenta tonight with garlic...oh, my! I love it and so does hubs. I made some extra for my breakfast tomorrow. I don't know how "carby" they are, but they have to be better than potatoes.

Carol Sue good luck with your study. I did one last year because my snoring was awful. No apnea, but my oxygen levels go down by 50% whenever I end up on my back.

Break - roast beef
    Snack - two kiwis
    Lunch - roast beef, balsamic potatoes
    Snack - white grapes
    Dinner - New York strip, polenta, asparagus
  • Hi. I'm doing LCHF and looking for a daily forum. Am I in the right place?
  • Hi Spanky! Most on this thread do not do LCHF. We all follow the reduced carb plan of our choice, but welcome anyone regardless of the plan they choose to fallow, as long as they don't try to force their beliefs on others. Jump on in and tell us more about yourself! We can all learn from each other.
  • PQ, before diagnosis, I knew that I woke up gasping for air at times and DH told me that I stopped breathing. The night before my heart surgery I was in the hospital and my monitor went off. I asked the nurse what it was, and he said it tells them that I'm not breathing. After surgery when they tried to wean me off the oxygen at night they couldn't because I would stop breathing without it. So they sent me home with oxygen for sleep, and scheduled me for the study. I still do not sleep as well as I'd like to, but much better than I did before. Did they do anything to help with your low oxygen? Does that still happen?

I think I will try to stay up all night the night before to make sure I sleep at the study. It's hard to sleep in a strange bed with all those wires connected. LOL
  • Hi Carol Sue! He just told me to sew tennis balls into the backs of my pajamas to keep me off my back. I seem to be more aware of the back thing now in my sleep , so hubs rarely has to roll me over (snoring). My reg doctor told me I have a very small air opening. I forgot the exact term but she showed me on a website. Losing the weight seems to have helped a little, but I was an occasional snorter when I was super thin.
  • Afternoon all! I finally hit my personal best on the scale this morn...138.8. I hope I can keep it going in the down direction. Mother is up from Florida this week and at my house for the weekend. We did some auctioning and mooching around town this morning and are sitting out in the fantastic weather reading and surfing the web. Yesterday, I went to the big city for my son's annual birthday lunch (just us) and had some yummy hipster food They think they invented everything, so I had to give sonny boy a lesson in real Italian food, since that's what we were supposedly having

Yesterday...

Break - leftover polenta, grapes
    Lunch - pepperoni/Gorgonzola pizza, fried risotto balls
    Dinner - homemade prosciutto/balsamic onion pizza
    Snack - adult beverages
  • It rained so hard here on the fourth that my son thought he wasn't gonna be able to do anything. I told him, "Boy for as long as I can remember it has rained on the 4th!" of course it ended up being a beautiful hot day

Carol Sue I think I want to do a sleep study. My fitbit says I have a ton of restless sleep. Even when I wore my Samsung Gear it said the same thing.

PrairieQueen thanks for the update on the zoodles , gotta look up polenta PrairieQueen maybe that is what is wrong with my husband. When he lays on his back I hunch the mess out of him, smh. He snores so loud, argh! Ms. PQ I am so jealous LOL but I am so so happy for you. You GO GIRLY

Spanky to the thread You are in the right place. Low Carb is Low Carb. Please do join us I'm not following any plan really at the moment. I try to eat low carb most days but I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it does not happen Our Mother-Hen Jacqui would love to see a new face when she returns. How is the LCHF going for you? I'd be interested in seeing a few of your day to day menus if you don't mind sharing Again we welcome you.
  • PQ ~ well done on your PB!!

I'm just back from a few days holiday in Blackpool - by the sea! The first couple of days I stuck very strictly to my low-carb approach but it started to feel more penitential than fun, so I let it unwind slightly - culminating in a fabulous "all you can eat" Chinese buffet in Manchester with my Sortofpartner last night! Yum!

Will try and try harder tomorrow
  • Evening all! I thought today was going to be difficult to stay on plan but I did it. We had brunch/lunch and i ordered off lunch menu and brought half home mother and I then went antiquing/mooching in a place called Waynesville, known for their shoos and Sauerkraut Festival. I've got a lasagne in the oven and plan on having a beer soon....

Yesterday....
    Break - slice pizza
    Lunch - peanut butter sandwich, 1/2 cup black bean chili
    Snack - white grapes
    Dinner - pork saltimbocca, polenta, fried green tomatoes

Today.....
    Break - 2 slices bacon, fried egg, toast
    Lunch - 1/2 Reuben, Saratoga chips
    Dinner - lasagne