Have to eat out..............help!

• Saturday my husband and I will be on day 6 of phase one and we have been doing really good. He lost 6 and me 3 BUT we are going to visit our daughter at college and will be gone from home for two days. We will have to eat out ( kids love parents to take them out) and we are worried about what to order. Cesear Chicken salad at lunch will be easy and I think that will be ok????? but what about dinner? A lean steak but they always come with a potato. Any ideas?????? What about breakfast??? Thanks.
  • Here are some thoughts. If there is a salad bar, get a really big salad to start with. Then when you order your main course, tell them no potato, you want a vegetable. I did that at the Olive garden the other night. I got chicken parmesan, hold the pasta, and they had steamed broccoli as the vegetable. Some places we go they give a choice of two veggies, and I say no potato, bring both veggies. Also, if you go to one of those buffet places, you can pick and choose all the best vegetables, and salad and meat. I know that sometimes that dessert bar is a temptation, but if worse come to worse, a little fruit won't hurt, and some places even have diet jello. Breakfast is the easiest, since you can order eggs and ham(sort of like Canadian Bacon) and tomato jucie and you are right on plan. Good luck. You can do it. Don't be afraid to ask. Most restaurants want to please. Ann