~*Sizzling for Summer 2016 Challenge*~

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Hey everyone! Getting the truck loaded tomorrow and I'll be on the road Tuesday - Thursday. If I have time I'll do Week 5 charts tomorrow, if not, I'll do them on Friday. Sorry for the delay!
  • Hey everyone, was away on vacation and forgot to make a note in the chart! Finally back and CAN'T WAIT to not eat ever again haha! My family spent the entire week shoving food on me But I was only up about 5 pounds today. The bloating feels horrible but I'm sure will go away quickly.

Rie - So excited for you! I hope the move goes smoothly!!!! Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up before you leave.
  • Back from vacation and I'm up .4
  • Quote: First of all - I really like your avatar! I honestly feel like there is a healthy, athletic version of myself inside my flabby body that is waiting to break through!

Now onto your post . Do you feel you have to be losing dramatically each week? I read your post and I would be over the moon if I was losing 1-2 lbs consistently! You should be really happy too. It's probably ridiculous, but when I'm losing slowly I feel safer almost? Almost like it's not a fluke or I won't get loose skin because my weight loss was steady rather than all at once. ..(edit for room)...
    Thank you!! It encourages me to at least feel more athletic/like I am getting somewhere, even when the scale is being rude and not budging. Plus, I actually feel like the inside body... even though I don't look it -_-

I think if I were maybe in the one hundreds rather than the two hundreds, losing 1-2 lbs a week would be fine. But since I weigh so much, I can literally lose/gain 2-5 pounds in a day so it feels like nothing. It takes overall at least 30 lbs before I can see any difference anywhere, and even then it's very small differences... so several months of making personal changes with little results is disheartening.
    To be honest, I have lost 18 lbs so far and feel bigger than ever. I think before I was ignoring the problem, but now that I am paying attention I realize how big I actually am and it's heart breaking. Being tall (I'm 5'10) helps a little, but it also has allowed me to live in the land of denial for too long.
    You have a really good point with the idea of * hopefully * less loose skin though! The skin thing is horrifying, I know I am going to need at least a boob job when I am done and thinking that I may look worse after all this work is scary. Gotta keep thinking tight skin thoughts lol.

Also, yay moving!!! It's great news that you guys are getting an additional car, mine is only 3 years old and is already almost as many miles Probably shouldn't have bought it since it was only like a year old and already had nearly 60,000 miles.. but ya know. Live and learn.
  • tiny congrats on the loss. It's pretty crazy what just tracking can do, you don't always realize every bite here and there adds up.

Rie I'm excited for you, it'll be awesome for you.

Kay Try and focus on what you have done not what you have to do. Just because you are now realizing how big you may be, doesn't mean it should over shadow why you're doing this. Love your body at every stage! I've seen lots of people online take pride in their loose skin instead of hate on it and want surgery.. Probably easier said than done.

I had a few bad days, and felt that I wasn't where I wanted to be and why am I doing all this work. But a few bad days can't ruin it, giving up would so I started tracking again. I've been staying at my boyfriends house a lot more since he got a new job so it's hard to see each other and he doesn't have a scale so I don't really know, though maybe that's good as it's only been a few days I've been back on track.
  • Hi all! Man this has been a pretty good week, went from 131 last Friday to 124.2 today. Really I think I can attribute that just to not going too crazy last weekend so I wasn't just playing catch up all week. With past challenges I've always weighed in on Sundays because it was the last day of the week that we could, but I always found that my Sunday weight was so variable, and usually up from where it had been all week. So this time I'm trying to weight in Fridays (although clearly looking at the huge up and down I've had in the last couple weeks my Friday weights aren't that stable either). The main problem I'm having is that I forget to post my weight. When I weighed in Sundays I would always remember because it was the last day. Now I'm like "oh I'll put it in the spreadsheet sometime in the next few days, whatever" and then totally forget. Argghh!
  • Week 5 Charts everyone! Sorry they're late! Week 6 will be up on Monday.

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
  • Hey guys! So I'm here in Decatur, GA in my new home. The drive here from Colorado was intense, but we made it without incidents. I listened to a whole podcast series called Serial, have you guys heard it? It's pretty good!

We arrived on Thursday and we've been arranging our new apartment ever since. One thing that has really annoyed/upset me - there's a huge freaking tree right outside our living room window that blocks out all the light. We saw a different model, but went for this one since we didn't want a fireplace but couldn't look at it because it wasn't available. We should've asked more questions, so now we have a very dark apartment. I've asked to see if they'd be willing to trim the upper branches down or at least let us arrange for it to be trimmed. I work from home, so I'm super bummed out that I'll be working in a dark apartment. The apartment itself is perfect, but our main living area is dark so I'll have to keep all the lights on in the day time. Fingers crossed they're willing to do something about it, it would be such a simple solution to just prune it down a bit!

I am getting more used to it, but whenever I go into the bedroom I see how much light that room gets and it really angers me that we ended up with an apartment with a giant tree outside the window! Who ever thought that would be a good idea?! I keep going back and forth between trying to deal with it and getting angry, right now I feel the rage! But a few hours from now I might feel ok. Really wanted a nice sunlit apartment this time around!!
  • I hit 129.2 today so happy hoping the woosh comes before my period
  • Hello friends! Been a while, haven't been on...but am happy to be back! I'm not looking for pound loss at this point, but more muscle gains and a few inches here and there. I was hoping to be a part of the challenge so you guys can help keep me accountable! I've been emotionally eating like crazy in the last week and after digging into the Mother's cookie bag for the third time today, I realized I needed a little more support from those who know what this crazy journey is like!

On a previous challenge, I mentioned my father had been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer last October. He passed away five days ago, and it's been rough. Emotionally eating won't make me feel better, and I don't want to lose sight of my goals. My dad wouldn't want that for me, and that's important.

Look forward to "hanging out" with all of you again, and will be trying to post daily! Proud of all you guys who've been working so hard!

Today is a rest day for me, so no workout. But there is tomorrow!
  • I have also been gone, and finding it hard to commit to weight loss, BUT I am back again and determined to do this! So, I joined the challenge! Fairly late in the game, but still! I have a wedding in the Bahamas in Aug. (Aug 22, actually) and bought a bikini that is slightly too small for me as inspiration, and I would like to feel smokin' hot for that date! So, here's to inspiration and motivation! You are all doing really well!!
  • Weighed in this morning down another lb yup it's a woosh
  • Hey, guys! Hope everyone's well!

Rie, congrats on moving into your new home! So exciting! I'm sorry about the tree, though. Hopefully when you talk to them the building owners will realize that it's a good idea to fix that.

Charbreaker, I'm so sorry about your dad. I can't even imagine what you're going through.
  • Yesterday I logged a full body circuit workout, today was just cardio. 30 minutes of intervals on the stationary bike and then 15 on the stairclimber. Felt good to get some calorie burn in; over did it on calories yesterday. :-/

Keep going guys, we can do this!
  • Week 6 Charts Everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart: