~*Sizzling for Summer 2016 Challenge*~

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Hello, nice to see everyone here!
    Yay, a new challenge! So much fun! I'd love to join in if that's alright/not too late.
  • Welp. I weighed in this morning at 169 lbs. Oof, that hurt. Though I'm not quite back in the 170's it still isn't nice to see my weight go up so much. This is probably the heaviest I've been in the last 2 years, granted I've been hovering at 165 lbs in the last 2 years. Either way, it's time to get a grip and actually TRY to lose weight rather than just talk about it.

Today I'm going on a 5 mile run as part of 10K training, it's going to suck after being inactive for a week but I've got to do it. Sounds pretty damn windy out there too so that won't help my enjoyment of the run, but I have to train!

-------------

anity - Great to see you! Good luck with the challenge.
  • Rie, I'm having similar moment. I really haven't been eating great at all but have been able to still keep my weight in check somehow--until today, I stepped on the scale to see 129.6. So close to back in the 130's. I've been in the 130's for years and this is the first time I've been down in the 120's for more than a few days. And now I'm so close to losing it again! Time to get serious. I think I'm really going to focus this week on limiting sugar/carbs/grains, that's really my downfall. Arrrrgghhh
  • I've had a bad first week of the challenge too. It's time to get serious! The scales said I lost half about 3/4 of a pound but with rounding it still sticks at 198. Hopefully I'll do better this week.

I've been managing to drink loads of water just plain and herbal teas which I've found has reduced food cravings between meals. This week I'm planning on going for a swim and some badminton at the weekend.

-----
    Rie- Congratulations on the new flat! Flat hunting can be so stressful. It's good that you have a 10k to keep you focused for the training. Yesterday was the London marathon- the day when I feel like the laziest person in the world

Tiny - I love carbs too! Good luck for this week. When things get really bad I just have to ban pasta from my life for a couple of weeks as I can't control myself
  • Cheers to everyone who lost weight this week!

I did really well and then went out of town this past weekend where my food choices were donuts, anything fried and alcohol. Needless to say I gained it all back and then some.

Good luck to everyone this week. Stay strong!
  • Week 1 Charts!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
  • Yesterday I started weighing out my food and intermittent fasting 16:8.they say it's great for weight loss and Heath plus Results are quick.monday I was 133.8 and today I'm 133.2.
  • Hey everyone!

So I've managed to shake off my Atlanta gain, I've gone from 169 lbs to 166 lbs so I'm very happy with that. I've been slacking with exercise, which is very unlike me with a race next week. The weather is miserable here right now so I'm finding it difficult to find a nice time to run. I should just brave the cold/wet weather but I just can't seem to .

This 10K was more for me to get off my butt and exercise and I was doing so well with that, then I went to Atlanta for a week and it just completely threw me off. I find it so difficult to pick up where I left off, it's almost like I have to slowly gain momentum and if anything interrupts me I'm back at the beginning. I'm also going to play the "I'm moving" card; I'm finding planning the move and getting my green card interview documents sorted are taking over my life a little. Plus the overwhelming urge to hibernate and not speak to anyone or do anything.

But. I lost 3 lbs. So I should be happy with that. I think I'm way too hard on myself in general and it does me no good. I need to take my own advice and relax. The 10K was never about me being the best runner I can be, it was just a nice little incentive. Sorry, pep talking myself here!

---------------------

Tiny - I hope you get back on track soon and say goodbye to those high 120's!

Nanu - Seems like there's something in the air! That's great that the tea has helped with your cravings. Haha, oh yeah, my mum watches the London marathon every year and dreams of running it again. She used to be quite the runner, I think she ran it 3 times? But as she's gotten older she's slacked more and now really struggles with her weight. I take after her in that regard, we both get fired up about something then something happens and we get thrown off plan.

redrose - I think a lot of your gains are probably water weight, so chug the h20 and I'm sure the bulk of that gain will disappear!
  • I started intermittent fasting and I'm down 2lbs since Monday.ive also started to weigh my food and drink more water
  • Hi! I just joined. I put myself in the spreadsheet, I hope that's how it's done?
  • yup just make sure you add your weight for this week.
  • Quick post to vent... It bugs me how this website, a community for weight loss, has advertisements that seem to me to be so against the culture of 3FC. I especially hate how the ad always ends up within someone's post so it looks like they posted it. And it seems there's absolutely no quality control about what's in these ads.

Case in point attached to this post...

That's Gabourey Sidibe. An actress. An amazing actress at that. And someone stole her picture to make that ad? Ugh. It makes me sick.

• pinkalarmclock - Welcome! Please read the rules in the first post of this thread to get acquainted with how the challenge is run. It's super easy, but worth reading.

NNS - I have an ad blocker on Chrome so I don't see the ads, but when I look at 3FC on my phone I see them. I think they're just randomly generated based on the info they get from this website. It's annoying, for sure, I do my best to tune them out. I saw a Youtube video of a weight loss vlogger who called a doctors office who was using her image to sell some weight loss program. She pretended like she was interested then said she was going to sue them if they didn't take it down, the receptionist was like "uuuh...."
  • Hi everyone! Good job on the weight loss this week!

I've been in a terrible rut when it comes to weight loss. For the last couple years, I have been on a cycle of maintaining my weight for a couple months, then gained 5 lbs or so...
    I decided to shake things up by entering a juice fast. I'm hoping by the end I'll kick the bad habits I've acquired of eating too much sugar and fat...
  • Hi guys!

Yesterday was terrible for food. I had cereal in the morning, then went out for lunch at a cafe with my BF and his sister. Ordered a scrambled egg sandwich with bacon, avocado and a side of pancakes. Ugh. Then in the evening BF's parents got pizza so I had three slices and drank root beer with it. UGH. I felt so fat and bloated by the end of the day. Plus I didn't make time to workout! Anyway. Days like yesterday happen.

Today I'm feel much more determined to get going with my 10K training, I'm going to be Insanity-ing it up for the next week I think to get my cardio and strength up before race day. The weather is still poop in Colorado i.e. it's snowing. As of now it's supposed to clear up by Wednesday, so I think I'll go on a long run on that day, do a workout Thursday, then rest on Friday before the 10K on Saturday.

--------------------------

anity - Good luck with the juice fast, I'm always hesitant about them before I think while you will lose a lot of weight you might be more likely to regain it once you eat solid food regularly again.