Is there any way to disable the audible ads on 3FC?

• Hi
    last night I came to read and post. I heard all this noise and left quickly. Today same thing happened. I noticed that the sound was coming from the ad at the bottom of the last post made on that thread. It was an ad that had sound. Like a video ad.

I am sound sensitive. The only way i can listen on my computer is when I have chosen to play a video. Is there any way to disable the sound on the ads?

Oddly it happened yesterday and today on the same thread. So I left fast without posting both days. But did not happen on the other thread. So I was able to read and post there. I do hope we all will not have to listen to ads when we come to read and post. I would not be able to stay a part of the community here. Just because I am sensitive to sounds.

Thank you
  • Turn off your speaker. I do it all the time.
  • Agree with the above. Unless I'm specifically watching a video and want to hear the sound, my computer is always set to mute.
  • Quote: Hi
    last night I came to read and post. I heard all this noise and left quickly. Today same thing happened. I noticed that the sound was coming from the ad at the bottom of the last post made on that thread. It was an ad that had sound. Like a video ad.

I am sound sensitive. The only way i can listen on my computer is when I have chosen to play a video. Is there any way to disable the sound on the ads?

Oddly it happened yesterday and today on the same thread. So I left fast without posting both days. But did not happen on the other thread. So I was able to read and post there. I do hope we all will not have to listen to ads when we come to read and post. I would not be able to stay a part of the community here. Just because I am sensitive to sounds.

Thank you
    Post a screen shot of the page with ads and I can block them -- we don't allow audio autoplay ads.