New to this site

• Hello! I am new to this site. An online friend told me about it, and said she gets a lot of support here.
    I joined WW in January of this year. Need to get healthier, and feel better about myself.
    Would love to get to know some new friends.
  • Hi Carolina! I see you've lost 22 lbs. since January...good job! I think you'll find this to be a very supportive site.

• Hello Carolina, and Welcome!

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss since January! I just joined 3fc in January and have found people to be very supportive and friendly. I had read about changes in weight watchers, that there are no longer points or something? Anyway, whatever it is, it seems to be working for you.

God bless you,

April
  • Whitney from Through the Hedge, is that you?
    This is the best place!
    Annie from Texas

PS Be sure to visit the Chicks Up For A Challenge forum, especially the monthly challenges hosted by GardenerJoy.
  • I clicked on this post because I am new too, I just joined today and am trying to figure it all out. I am 61, live in a rural area in Virginia and work full time at a very stressful job. I am a stress eater and I seem to be hungry all the time. I need to find diet buddies I can share with. I love MommaLurch's quote: "Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Stephen King (Andy Dufresne - "Shawshank"). I've lost 35 pounds this winter, and managed to maintain the weight loss until we went on vacation a couple weeks ago, I gained five pounds that feels like fifty....and can't seem to start losing again....
  • Hi, I'm new here, too, and also looking for support and feedback from others' experiences. I'm using WW and having a hard time with points plus. How are others managing? I find I'm hungry a lot, too.

Stress has gone way up at work and this last week I've been eating and don't want to continue this way and gain back the 25 I've lost. I have more to go! How are others managing?

Thanks,

Ashli
  • Ashli,
    I went through a rough patch during April. I was hungry, I started eating more and the more I ate; the hungrier I got in the end. I stopped because I did not want to undo the loss of 15 lbs. It was soooo difficult to leave the fresh baked bread alone and not cut a second or third slice.
    It was all related to my stress level at work, I found a way to de-stress through swimming after work. I pack my swim stuff and go to the pool straight after work. The stress is still there but I seem not be effected by it as much. And I am not hungry anymore.
  • I understand just how you all feel! I am also a stress eater, and yesterday was very stressful. Pastor of our church suddenly resigned! I did well at lunch, but I ate a bunch of little snacks, and a piece of cold pizza.
    So, today I start again. We all handle stress differently, but remember, every day is a new chance to be healthier.
    i am now done 28 1/2 pounds. Still have a ways to go, but we CAN do this!!
    As for the hunger on any weight loss program (not just WW)- I eat lots of veggies and clementines, and make sure I get protein in the morning. It helps.
  • Hi, everyone, and thanks so much for your kind replies. I'm hoping that it helps to talk about it. I used to do that on the WW site but they changed it so much that it's not useful anymore. Anyway, I did think of you all last night (late night is was most often gets me).

Ashli
  • Hello to all three of you newbies and

I am an old timer but have not been in the forum for ages so just getting back in and finding places to become involved. I look forward to "seeing" you around the forum.

• Hi Misti! I used to see your posts all the time and wondered where you'd gone. Good to see you back!
  • Quote: Hi Misti! I used to see your posts all the time and wondered where you'd gone. Good to see you back!
    Hi Carol Sue

Good to see you! I kept thinking there must be others here from "way back when" -- I see Diana is still here too.

I am trying to figure out what threads are best for me now and looking forward to jumping back into things. The good news is I weigh four pounds more than I did three years ago (!!!) (after having just recently lost 13 pounds though) so I am still down 77 pounds. First time I have ever been able to maintain, due to a complete change in eating habits and exercise.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts.