Desk Exercises?

• Hi guys!

I'm looking to tone up and exercise more but I work long hours. I'm trying to see if "desk exercising" has worked for anyone?

I have to be discrete as I work with people in the same room. I tend to flex my core, do some basic leg exercises (lifting legs up and holding, squeezing thighs together and holding it, jogging my feet, etc) Lots of stretches.

I've lost a LOT of weight in the past two years and I'm looking to tone up. Still have weight to lose but I eat very well so that's sort of taken care of haha.
  • Deskxercising is what I call it!
  • aww wish there were some replies here. Im in an office all day (alone though) and Ive been trying to come up with some workout. BUT I really don't want to get sweaty. Wonder if that's possible
  • Ive heard sitting on a medicine ball is common for the office, helps with your core .. depends on the set up on your office. I also have some weight at my desk.. whenever i'm free/bored I pick them up and do something. If people around you are too close, then you can have a 5 min session in the restroom : ) I also take a 10 min walk right before my lunch, or take the stairs to nowhere. Hope this helps.
  • This is not at a desk but I've made it a goal to do at least 40 squats a day. I'll do this at home but I'll also do extra when I go to the restroom at work. I'll do 20 squats whenever I'm in there and I also try to stand up every now and then end walk around a bit.
  • I have a Deskcycle that I love. It fits perfectly under my desk, it's easy to use, and it's pretty quiet. My mother has one as well that she adores.
  • Your feet should be roughly shoulder-width apart while you position your palms at the edge of your desk and slant your body in its direction. Then, while taking a breath, slowly lower your chest toward the desk, and push yourself back up as you would during a regular push-up.