March 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 11 of 36
Go to
  • Hehe..that post ^ says good morning because I started it at 7:30 am and just finished it off now!
  • I took advantage of the weather and did a lot of walking outside today. my fitness goals for today are attained.
  • Hi Everyone!

I just finished watching Survivor so this is going to be a quick one. I have read all the posts and I'm caught up with the check-in. This week has felt really long. In fact, all day long I have thought it was Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. Ha! Surprise! Two more days to go for the weekend.

I wanted to share something from last night. Even though my calories were high, I was able to control "what could have been". We went to dinner after the plumber left. I was frustrated and aggravated with myself for eating the crackers and just plain stressed for having to do the home repair. (BTW the plumber is scheduled to come back out on Friday to make a repair to the water shut off valves, since they wouldn't shut off. I'm not feeling as crazy and stressed about that. Hopefully I will remain calm. ) So anyways, DH and I sat down at the table and were given the menus and the new features menu. I looked at the regular menu while DH looked at the new features. When he finished I looked at it. There was a beautiful picture of a chicken quesadilla with ooey gooey cheese. I told DH that it looked really good and he agreed. I was so close to ordering that as an appetizer. I just wanted to say to heck with it all and have what I wanted. I chose not to and ordered my salad. I just wished that I had that same strength earlier when I had the crackers. But I was successful to some degree and I am happy about that. I had a gain from yesterday but it's not as bad as what could have been. Also, since I am chatting about this stuff. At another forum where I am a member, they were talking about Easter candy and the Cadbury Eggs. On Sunday I was at the drugstore. I saw a display of the Cadbury Eggs, specifically the chocolate ones. I picked one up and proceeded to the checkout along with my other items. There was one person in front of me, so I had a moment to think about it. I stepped over and put the candy back down. I was so grateful that I had the strength to put the candy down. Every day is a new and different challenge. Some days are a total success. Some moments are a success. Again, like I have said before, I celebrate the little things. Those little moments.

I wanted to share, just in case it can be helpful for someone else. I want to congratulate you if you had a success today.

HMM, it was suppose to be a quick one, wasn't it?
  • Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    XL egg 80 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    coconut water 60 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Greek Yogurt 120 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Salad w/grilled chicken 700 calories

Exercise:
    TF Fire 60 <-- I am grateful to have gotten a workout in today. I was pressed for time and I am glad I was able to get it all done.
  • My intention for tomorrow is to eat only one serving of bread, probably for breakfast. My daughter is going to cook chicken with curry and veggies. I will avoid the rice and just have extra veggies. Today wasn't too bad, although I think I overdid it on the carbs.

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, raspberries, coffee w/ half and half
    L: half of a chicken wrap from Costco, a bunch of little tomatoes, some Jarlsburg cheese and a few rosemary crackers.
    D: pot roast, lots of carrots and a quarter wedge of potato.
    D: two squares dark chocolate, mint tea

E: 15 minute walk.

Volatis I like your avatar. Reminds me of a little hamster my son had. We called him "little roundie".

Inkrid and Coolmom Thanks for the "will power" dust! I needed some of that. Wishing you both well!

Nichols impressive exercise!

Angie Yes, fighting the night hungries is difficult. I like your idea of swapping faster losing for food with flavor. I have always thought that I look better when I lose more slowly. When I lose too quickly everybody asks me if I'm feeling okay and they don't notice my shrinking figure. So, I think I'll take my time.

ciecie good job on the walking.

Diana You are amazing. Congratulations on putting the candy back! I have a specific weakness for chocolate Easter candy, especially the Reeses peanut butter eggs. As a matter of fact, my kids have already purchased some of that stuff. My son is keeping it hidden away from me. I am too weak.

Flower123, kelijpa, retrorabbit Hi!
  • good morning all! will have breakfast and then work out to leslie sansone in a few minutes. also will put 3/4 of the laundry I did last night in the dryer. i'll hang the two pair of jeans I washed up to dry as I like the way they turn out better that way. i'll also put a load in the washer.
  • HI everyone. love reading the posts.

Diana I fought the carb monster last night. I wanted it ALL in the house I was one step from raiding kiddo's junk stash. But like you I really had a chat with myself and got over it. thing was I was SO close. one nano-second was going ape. but then I thought of HOW long I have been zero carb. to give that up would just be stupid, and I could not do stupid

tuna and mayo
    ribeye steak
    pork chops

20 high intensity cardio tape--done
    off to treadmill for 1/2 hr high incline in a sec
    20 minute easy tone arms and legs...3 lb weights

then I have alot of small projects around the house and other things. So far so good. I am loving the new me I like my progress, I am happy eating my plan and spring is heading here fast! all sweet!
  • for All!!

Went on a hike yesterday. DH was all "I'm going with you!!" My hour hike turned into all PM as I staggered in the door!! So out of shape!!

I did overeat a little yesterday.

I don't have a plan today but might go get a Juice at the Health Food Store. And will make Bean Burgers tonight. The recipe looks like it has a lot of nuts, spices and of course, black beans. Regular Burgers for the Boys!!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
    This Morning: 1/2 Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
    Weigh In: 166.8
    Down: .4

Have a wonderful day!
  • will exercise in a few minutes. got distracted by other things.
  • Today I see my Psych; it's time for a medication adjustment. Things just aren't working as well anymore. Always something!

Diana: We all have moments with food. Luckily I exercise otherwise I may have a double spare tire instead of a single. I don't typically care for sweets but this last TOM sent me over the edge. I grabbed a small snickers twice in the same week @ checkout, and demolished a 590 cal cheese danish on another day during work. O_O These are NOT things I normally eat but I lost it this month. TOM was unusually bad; I call those extra bad cycles "the evil ovary". Such is life..I just got back on track ASAP.

Off to the Doc..
  • Good morning everyone Dinner out last night...I was on plan, but I'm a little worried about salt and water retention and how my weigh in will go tomorrow -- but I resisted checking today, it will only upset me and I can't change it at this point. I'm eating very clean and strict today to compensate. We added a little exercise after dinner last night by visiting the mall to buy some throw pillows for my new couch, and we made it to three stores and back in the 30 minutes we had before the mall closed...we were practically sprinting!

Diana -- I'm trying to celebrate the little victories too. I was out for dinner with my BFF last night, and there were a number...first, we asked our waitress to keep the bread, and not leave it on the table...I subbed out the potatoes that were supposed to come with my steak and asked for asparagus instead...I had sparling water instead of wine, and I didn't even look at the dessert menu or have a nibble of my friend's dessert. They are all small things, but each one makes a difference and makes me feel stronger. Thanks for sharing yours.

Magistra -- I already see some of the effects of my pace of losing...even though I say it's slow, it's only slow compared to others on my program. I lost 15-16 lbs in the first month, and I can see my face is a little more saggy than usual, lol. In the past I've seen the same, and it always tightened up with time, but it's a bit of a bummer to see saggy spots under my eyes right now.

Novangel -- I'm familiar with the evil ovary and it's impact on eating Good luck with your appointment.
  • Sundove, flower, Diana and Ciecie (I hope I didn't miss anyone) Thank you all so much I am very touched by the kindness and support y'all have shown me! I agree with everything y'all have said and think it is constipation as a big part of my problem. I will continue to post updates!!!!! God bless you all!
  • Personals—

Angie: WTG on the exercise! Your weight may have not been as bad as you thought it was. Hopefully you have good results tomorrow especially with the clean eating today.

Novangel: GL at the doctor. I hate when meds mess up!

Diana: Looks like you’re going back down! WTG! Awesome job on all the challenges you have faced …don’t beat yourself up over the crackers.

Inkrid: Yay for hike! Hopefully it’ll go by faster the next time for you.

ZCA: Tuna and mayo! My favorite meal!

ciecie: Could you please go by my house and put my laundry up? Lol. We have so much laundry it’s not even funny. My husband stays at home with the kiddos and he washes and dries it but getting him to put it up is like pulling teeth! Lol

magistra: Strong woman to cut down on yourbread. That is one thing I know that I can’t do. I love my bread!

Hello everyone else!

Weigh in this morning: 131.8 (Back at 131 Woohoo)
    Calories: 1350
    Exercise: Cardio and weights tonight.

Last night was a break night when it comes to working out. I’m considering making break nights Wednesday because it is hard to get a workout in unless it’s clear and warm on my lunch break to walk. I have finally finished one of my classes for the semester a new one opens here soon so I won’t be on a break for many days but it is what it is. I can’t wait until summer.

OAN: Anyone deal with termites? I’m not talking about the creepy crawly ones..I’m talking about the ones that fly…We delt with them bad last spring/summer. I haven’t seen any yet but I’m sure they are just nesting or whatever they do during the winter. We got some treatment stakes…We will be putting them in here soon..so I’m hoping we don’t see any..if we do start to see them..I will be pulling out every treatment I can find. But we have thought about calling a professional however, I was told the results may not be that great with a professional either. We will see.
  • got my work out in and got a lot of power walking done despite the rain. have my second load of wash in the dryer now.