Feeling a wee bit sad about abstinence right now

• I just saw that my two ex-boyfriends, Ben and Jerry, have released a flavor into this world in a frozen but non-dairy form.

I love my abstinence. I love how much not eating sugar has given me. No-sugar means a full life and wellbeing and I wouldn't give it up for the world.

But a segment of my friends are celebrating that this new confection is vegan, and one of the flavors is a favorite of mine from childhood.

I think its normal to feel a little left out and a little sad. I'm not going to eat about it, but I do have to acknowledge that I feel a pull towards "at least trying it once."

I suppose things like this are going to come up from time to time.
  • Blog, I resonate with your posts so much. Ben and Jerry lie to you about how good they are. They really, for me, mean misery, isolation, and an early death. I am glad you are choosing not to try it once. I can appreciate the sadness and the desire to try it though.

Last week I celebrated a year of abstinence. As of this morning, I have lost over 100 lbs. My story, (the weight part) part is chronicled here in the 100 lb. section. I came to OA the first time about 1980. I eventually relapsed but am now again living a life free from the bondage of food addiction. I am no longer living a life of chronic loneliness and isolation. I am freaking miracle.

Thank you God and Overeaters Anonymous.
  • Thanks Robinm!
  • blog: You can do it! You have been doing well thus far, keep on walking by good old ben and jerry, vegan or not, you can do this and just keep walking by! Say sorry boys, my heart is tied to someone or something else these days.